Thread: Password saving feature disable in firefox 11

Password saving feature disable in firefox 11

When I updated to firefox 11 afterwards it has stopped me prompting for saving passwords. The website where I want to save the username and password I am unable to save it. The key icon appears on the address bar but nothing happens no pop-up for the save password appears. How can I get back the popup for saving the passwords?

re: Password saving feature disable in firefox 11

Hi, Even I had the same problem in my firefox. I got it when I wanted to save the password and it didn’t prompt me for anything. Nothing happen it redirected to the home page and I was unable to save the password. You can enable this feature by following the simple steps.
    • Click Tools Options
    • Open Security Tab.
    • Under Password section, enable Remember Password for sites.

All you are done with it now and you can save the password for the websites you want.

You can enable this feature by disabling the hardware acceleration. For disabling it first go to tools. Afterwards select advanced tab. In advance tab select general. In general go to browsing section. In that you will see various options checked and unchecked. Check if the Use hardware acceleration when available is tick marked if so then untick it.

If there are changes in the browser setting it will not prompt you to save the password. You check for the following things in the browser.
    • Check privacy settings.
    • Make sure that the automatic private session is disable.
    • Enable remember passwords for sites.

Enabling the remember password for site will prompt you to save the password for the websites. If you click on the option for never fort this site then it will not prompt you again to save the password. For enabling it once again when you selected never clear the browsing cache and temporary files from it, this will enable it, and will prompt you for the site once again.