Thread: If java is enabled Safari browser crashes

If java is enabled Safari browser crashes

I am using iBook G4 laptop and I have 512 MB RAM and ATI Mobility Radeon 9550 graphics. I have Mac OS X 10.4 in my laptop. My laptop was working like a charm and it has suddenly started giving me problems. Now when I use Safari browser at that time it crashes. I have tried to find reason forth is issue and after spending some hours I have come to know that java is causing this problem. If I disable java then safari browse works fine but websites does not load properly with java disabled. Please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Re: If java is enabled Safari browser crashes

Well after referring your problem I would like to tell you that you should first select go menu from the finder and then you have to Utilities. Now after selecting the utilities you have to look for the java folder and open it. After opening the java folder you have to open J2SE folder. Now you have to open Java Preferences. Now you will see Java Preferences window and from there you have to click on delete button and then small window will appear. In that window you have to check Downloaded Applets option, Downloaded Applications box and Other Files and after doing that you have to click on OK. After deleting the Java cache you have to open Safari browser and then see what the result is.

Many times after deleting the Java cache also same problem occurs with safari browser and that is why we have to repair disk permission after deleting the Java cache. I am suggesting you this solution because I was also having same problem and then I have tried to fix this problem by deleting the java cache and after that when I opened safari browser at that time I get same issue. Now after that I have repaired disk permission in my system and after repairing the disk permission when I open safari browser and enabled java at that time I didn’t get any problem. To repair disk permission in your system you have to first open applications and then you have to select utilities. You have to select Disk utilities from the Utilities and then you click on verify disk permission and once it verifies disk permission then you have to click on repair disk permission. After repairing the disk permission you have to see whether your problem get solved or not?

If this solution does not help you to solve this problem then you have to run safari without plug-in and then you have to check whether it makes any difference or not? If you don’t face any problem after disabling plug-ins in the safari browser then it means anyone plug-in in your system is causing this problem.

Yes many times this type of problem occurs due to plug-in and that is why I will suggest you to first open Safari browser in your system and after opening the safari browser you have to select preferences. In preferences you have to select Security and then you have to select WebContent. From WebContent you have to uncheck Enable Plug-in box and then you have to click on OK button. Now close Safari browser and then you have to open Safari browser again. After doing that you have to see whether same problem is occurring or not? If same problem occurs after trying this solution also then I will suggest you to go to the system preferences and then select accounts and create new account in your system. Now after creating the new account you have to login in that and then see whether same problem occurs with Safari browser or not?

In my computer I using MAC OS X snow leopard and I am also having same problem with Safari browser. I have first tried to solve this problem removing the Java cache files and then restarting the Safari browser in my system but after doing that also I was facing same problem and after that I have also repaired disk permission but result was same.

I have disabled plugins from Safari browser and then when I try to use safari at that time also same problem occurs. I have also created new user account and then when I login in to new account and then use Safari browser at that time also I get same problem. is there any other way to fix this issue then let me know.

Hello friends I have fixed this issue by updating the Java in my computer. first I have tried many solution to get rid of this problem without any success. Now after that my friends suggest me to update java in my system and after that I have downloaded latest update of Java from apple official site and then installed in my computer. After opening the latest java in my system when I open Safari browser and enabled java at that time it does not give me any issue. You should first go to the official site of the apple and then download the java update from there or you can download java update by clicking here DOWNLOAD JAVA. After downloading this you have to install it in your computer and then your problem will get solved.

As far as I know on MAC OS X 10.4 you can use Safari browser till 4.1.3 version and that is why you should first check which version you are using in your system. if you have earlier version of Safari browser in your system then you should update it. After updating the Safari browser you have to check whether your problem gets solved or not?