Thread: Why some channels are in HD and some are not

Why some channels are in HD and some are not

Can anyone explain me in short why some TV shows are in HD and some are not. I had not able to understand the actual intention behind it. Some shows which are already on HD mode does not give you that much video quality. While some are awesome. Does it really cause because of device that I use with the my TV. The digital set top box. Is there any set top box which can put every channel on HD mode. I am using a online tv service which told me that all channels will be HD. I contacted them they said that is because of the provider not us. If they do not broadcast the same in HD you might face a quality dropout. That is really insane. Second thing I had noticed that some programs are in HD and some are not in the same channel. This another weird stuff. So surely this is not related to any of my hardware. What should I do. Thanks.

Re: Why some channels are in HD and some are not

Your DVR or set top box is not really responsible for that. It is right that some programs are in hd version while some are not. You can do nothing on the same. There are some videos which are encoded in high definition mode. They work nicely on your regular set top box also. There is nothing much to check. Anyhow even if you use a device which can convert your channels to hd mode you cannot expect the quality unless the provide give you that aspect ratio. Somehow your region is also responsible for the same. In some part there are not hd channel support while some give full access to hd content.

Re: Why some channels are in HD and some are not

Yes it is right. It depends on the broadcaster. You cannot make changes from your site. There are certain tv box which give you a better video quality. But that depends on the provider. If the signal is clear and proper then you can get the enhanced version on your screen or else there is no way to get those channels fixed. You can contact the broadcaster about the same. There are some channels which are in HD and they are marked on the TV itself.