Thread: Mail not being sent to the address book group on my iPad

Mail not being sent to the address book group on my iPad

I have sorted all my email contacts into certain groups in my Address Book. I don’t think there’s any mistake in the contact details. I mean, there are no email ids in contact no. list or anything like that. Things look perfectly fine and I can’t make out what the cause of the problem is. By the way, the problem is that I whenever I try to send an email to any group it shows an error message that so-and-so group doesn’t have valid mail ids.

re: Mail not being sent to the address book group on my iPad

I am quite sure that you might have tried this, but still as a diagnostic step go to the groups, open them and check if there are email ids in it. Sometime, some malware or virus attacks can cause deletion of contacts and we assuming it to have contact details try sending mails to that group resulting into failure.

I had skipped that chance, good you reminded me. But unfortunately that wasn’t the issue. Every single group at least has a contact. So, the chances of empty-groups being the reason can be kicked out right?

Anything else to try or test? Impatiently waiting!

Ok! Your concern clearly shows that you cannot avoid the group-sending concept. It looks like you are habituated to sending emails this way, so a suggestion to send single mails instead holds no value, does it? You don’t need to do that either.

Anyways, this looks like a case of some sort of conflict in the system. It might be because of email id existing in multiple groups or may even be because of group name conflicts with previously created and deleted groups. Try clearing the previous recipients list. Let me know if it works.

No! Unfortunately it did not work! I tried it with lots of hopes but somehow, that was not the cause and solution of the problem I was talking about, I guess. Anything else you can think of?

So, the chances of empty-groups being the reason can be kicked out right?
    Yes it can be kicked out!

One thing for you to note is that an entire group of contacts can simply get corrupt even if one of the contacts gets corrupt. What I mean to say is that, one wrong email id can actually stop an entire group from processing. The error might be a minor ‘@’ missing or an invalid extension say: .cmo instead of .com. and maybe all this one single emaild id is common in all the groups. That’s enough to hamper your peaceful mailing process. Give it a check

Thanks for your suggestion! I checked each group with one of those fine toothed combs but went useless! Couldn’t detect a single of them. I then tried another method, I created a group with single contact and to my surprise, the email wasn’t getting processed for that also. So, this chance can be ruled out.

Re: Mail not being sent to the address book group on my iPad

Am I reading my own post? , I mean, the problem he posted is so similar to mine. Jokes apart, I have this exactly same issue with me. Whenever I try mailing to a group it says that there are no names in the group but when I try clicking on the group it actually enlists all the contacts. I have contact groups ranging from 8 to 80 contacts in it and each one of them shows this issue. So, 1 thing is sure that it is not because of the no. of contacts. The problem is something else. Awaiting reply! Equally impatient!

Re: Mail not being sent to the address book group on my iPad

I don’t know why but I have this strong doubt that the issue is with your system or the registry. Why don’t you guys try doing something about it? Something as in, a system repair or registry repair or disk repair or probably permission repair. One of them should definitely make things alright for you.