Thread: WPS Vulnerability on Linksys Routers

WPS Vulnerability on Linksys Routers

Has anyone noticed a issue of vulnerability occurred in wps protocol which is widely used in many routers of Linksys. The flaw is related to wps protocol used in the routers. This exploit can cause major issue if you are using the same on a wide area network. Many modem wifi router is equipped with the wps protocol which comes with flaw in it. So I just want to confirm that does firmware update can fix this out.

Re: WPS Vulnerability on Linksys Routers

Even I had heard about the flaw. The flaw can open security hole in the router. This hole cannot be fixable due to some flaw and I am not sure any firmware can make this work. Other things you cannot turn off wps because it might insecure your entire network. Rightnow the manufacturers are not giving out any updates in dealing with the existing flaw.

There are no words from the manufacturer about the vulnerability in the routers. Anyhow it is wrong to entirely disable the wps. It would be better if Cisco can provide any better highlight on the same. Till yet users are only discussing the topic among them. The only cure that is found till yet is disabling the wps for sometime unless a working patch is related to fix the vulnerability. I do not understand when will this happen. There are number of users world wide you are using this router and might not aware about the exploit.

Search the official site properly. There is a patch available for the same. You can use that to get rid of bugs. You have to read properly what information related to this is provided on the manufacturers website.

There are many resources on the web which can guide you about what does the router having issue. If this is a serious vulnerability then you will need to stay alert before you are affected. I had gone through some of the blogs on web which confirm this. At start it recommended to keep the wps off. There should be a working patch for the same coming soon. Also there are no models disclosed yet. Might this are new models which are out in the recent months. If there are better firmware available you can simply run the update as needed.

I had also gone through some post related to wps hole. It is recommended that you must be seriously concern about this if you have wifi network setup in your office.