Thread: How to increase the number of recent sites in Dropdown list of Internet Explorer 9?

How to increase the number of recent sites in Dropdown list of Internet Explorer 9?

I’ve been using IE8 since long and have recently switched to IE9. But ever since, I’ve been noticing an annoying characteristic about it. IE8 used to show about 10 previously visited sites in the dropdown, but contrary to this, IE9 shows only half of it, i.e. 9 of them. I frequently visit same sites so the drop down holds a lot of value for me. Any suggestion is wholeheartedly appreciated.

Re: How to increase the number of recent sites in Dropdown list of Internet Explorer 9?

I understand your worry. But I don’t really think, you can increase the number of URLs that appear there. An alternate way to do this is to press “Ctrl +O” which opens the open dialog and efficiently showcases entire history. You can use the dropdown there and go to your preferred site.

I don’t think, there’s another way out.

Re: How to increase the number of recent sites in Dropdown list of Internet Explorer 9?

Quote Originally Posted by Don Of CS View Post
    I understand your worry. But I don’t really think, you can increase the number of URLs that appear there. An alternate way to do this is to press “Ctrl +O” which opens the open dialog and efficiently showcases entire history. You can use the dropdown there and go to your preferred site.

I don’t think, there’s another way out.
    The idea sounds cool. But trust me, I tried it and it’s nowhere near the convenience of that of using the old dropdown. You know what I mean right? I am sure, Microsoft must have thought of some alternative. ‘There has to be a way out’, in your words. But I don’t understand the reason behind reducing the number of number of URLs.

Your concern is totally justified. So is your faith in Microsoft. Yes! They do have an option wherein you can simply increase the number of previously visited sites. The reason for reducing them is to make the history result more precise. All you’ve got to do is to follow the following path

Internet Options > Content (tab) > Autocomplete (settings button) > Un-check everything under the address bar.