Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

What is virtual storage mount notification add-on in Internet Explorer 9

Technology & Internet

Old 24-03-2012

What is virtual storage mount notification add-on in Internet Explorer 9

Whenever I start Internet Explorer 9 I get a pop-up saying, "The 'Virtual Storage Mount Notification' add-on from 'EldoS Corporation' is ready for use." What is it? I havenít installed any add-on in my Internet browser, then why I am getting this message?

Old 24-03-2012

re: What is virtual storage mount notification add-on in Internet Explorer 9

The Eldos Corporation is under notice for the add-on that they have added in Internet Explorer 9. They have been sent a notice to provide the manual or instructions about the add-on. The add-on is no security threat and has shown good integration with other components of Internet Explorer 9. This add-on notifies Internet Explorer about the content that has to be stored in virtual storage of the browser. This add-on is used by many other softwares too. It is a minor bug that Internet Explorer 9 doesnít hide he prompts regarding it.
Old 04-01-2014

Re: What is virtual storage mount notification add-on in Internet Explorer 9

You can disable the same through making changes in registry editor. You have to launch the same by typing regedit from Start > Run box. In that navigate to the following location - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\Browser Helper Objects{5FF49FE8-B332-4CB9-B102-FB6951629E55}. From here you have to disable the last entry. There is no way through which you can uninstall the same. You can just disable it and then try back to check in the web browser.
Old 04-01-2014

Re: What is virtual storage mount notification add-on in Internet Explorer 9

The file which is associated with this notification is CbFsMntNtf*.dll. I am also trying to find out option through which I can completely disable the same. But I am not able to get anything. I had tried to turn off the same through windows registry. But not able to find any solution. It still activate in the browser. I had tried to re-install the browser also and rightnow I am searching for that dll file. I hope deleting that directly will resolve the issue and will give me a more proper output.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , , , ,