Thread: Internet explorer 8 and 9 gives "contained a file and was deleted" messages with every file i download

Internet explorer 8 and 9 gives "contained a file and was deleted" messages with every file i download

Hello friends in my office I have some computer on domain. In Some computer I have internet explorer 8 and some have IE9. Whenever I try to download any file from internet explorer at that time it gives “contained a file and was deleted”. If anyone have answer regarding this problem then let me know.

Re: Internet explorer 8 and 9 gives "contained a file and was deleted" messages with every file i download

First thing I will suggest you to try o download any file from different browser like Mozilla Firefox, Google chrome and then check whether same problem is occurring or not? If you get same problem while downloading the file from that browser also then there might be something wrong with your computer and if problem does not occurs with other browser then problem is with the internet explorer setting.

Re: Internet explorer 8 and 9 gives "contained a file and was deleted" messages with every file i download

Here are some solutions which you can try to solve this problem.

First you should disable the firewall in your computer and after disabling the firewall you have to check whether it makes any difference or not?

If first solution does not help then you have to start internet exploiter without add-ons and then check whether problem still occurs or not? If problem does not occur after that then any of the add-on is causing this problem. to start internet explorer without add-ons you have to follow this steps. Click on start menu in your computer and then you have to type internet explorer in search box. Now you have to select Internet Explorer (no add-ons).

If above solution does not work also then you have to reset internet explorer and then your problem might get solved. If none of this solution helps you then let me know.

Thank you for providing solution. I have tried different browser and all the things worked fine with that. This problem only occurs with the internet explorer browser. I have also tried to solve this problem by resetting the internet explorer but after that also result was same. How to solve this problem?

Similar problem was occurred in my system also due to spybot and then I have uninstalled the spybot from my computer and then when I tried to download files from internet explorer at that time my problem get solved. You should try this solution.

According to me you should perform clean boot in your computer and then see whether internet explorer gives same problem or not? If you don’t get same issue after that then it means any of the software in your computer is conflicting.