Thread: Internet Explorer 9 wont delete cookies when set to delete all history on exit

Internet Explorer 9 wont delete cookies when set to delete all history on exit

I have windows 7 and have installed the latest Internet explorer 9 on it. Previously I was having IE8 installed and it was working fine without any issues, but after i installed Internet Explorer 9, I started facing the problem of browsing history not deleting its browsing history on exit. I have already checked all things in here for history, cookies, etc by going into - Tools >> Internet Options >> Browsing History. For example, whenever I sing into yahoo mail, and then close the same browser without signing out and wait for sometime and relaunch IE9, I am always signed into yahoo mail. Can anyone please help me out from this scenario.

Re: Internet Explorer 9 wont delete cookies when set to delete all history on exit

First of all open your Internet Explorer 9 and then go to Tools, then Internet options and then under browsing history, you have to make sure the check mark is there for Delete Browsing History on Exit and then immediately click "delete..." and also the top check mark should be empty, this you have to make sure. This is actually a new feature implemented in Internet Explorer 9 that over rides the other settings in it. It will keep your cookies for favoutite sites and including the homepage.

Re: Internet Explorer 9 wont delete cookies when set to delete all history on exit

I would recommend you to follow the below steps in its order properly:
    1. First of all you need to delete IE temporary files, history, cookies, saved passwords first.
    2. After that you have to choose “Delete browsing history on exit”
    3. Next you will need to click “Settings” with “Browsing history”
    4. After that you just have to select “Never” in “Check for newer version of stored pages”
    5. Lastly just click “OK” and close the browser, in your next new page of Internet Explorer 9 you will not face this issue again.

If the above solutions are not working then simply download History cleaner freeware software. Clear All History is history cleaner software that protects your Internet privacy by cleaning up all the tracks of your Internet and computer activities. Clear All History supports Internet Explorer, MSN Explorer, Maxthon (MyIE2), Mozilla, Mozilla Firefox, Netscape and Opera web browsers. Also you can use this history cleaner software to clean history tracks left by different applications.

Southcmft Guest

If these solutions don't clear everything, download CCleaner. It is an excellent program. I put it on all computers that I repair and it hasn't caused any problems so far. It also has a safe reg cleaner.

I use DISK CLEANER and it is the BEST in my opinion
    Last edited by bhaskar; 06-05-2012 at 10:48 AM. Reason: removed external links