Thread: High CPU Usage when using Google chrome in Windows

High CPU Usage when using Google chrome in Windows

Hello friend, I would like to share something important to all the people on this form that I have experienced till now. I am having three web browser Google chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozila Firefox. I have noticed that my Google chrome is having high CPU usage compare to all other web browser. It takes more CPU usage. Why is it so? Is there any way to make proper utilization of the CPU with the Google chrome? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: High CPU Usage when using Google chrome in Windows

Hello friend Firstly I would like to thank you for giving such important information. I am using Google chrome. One of my friends told me the way to reduce high CPU utilization. I would like to share with you. You should empty your cache. Press control, shift and delete button together and tick to the empty the cache option. Clear your browsing data. Delete your download cache of the Google chrome. All this thing make your Google Chrome faster. Allow you best utilize the CPU.

I never noticed that Google Chrome make high CPU utilization. I come this from this forum only. To confirm it I opened my task manager by pressing control, shift and delete button all together. Then I click on the performance tab. Here I found that my CPU utilization is 3 percent. I have closed my all other application and open the Google chrome and I directed to facebook I found that my CPU utilization is 47 percent. But when I check same website from the Firefox I found that my CPU utilization is 30 percent. Thank you for giving such information friend.

I just started to realize this today when I was doubting my web pages to open as quickly as possible. And I heard the hard drive running like crazy. I am using the latest version 10 of Chrome for Windows XP. I found that I had spyware running on any corner my machine, so then monitored my machine processing and began to wonder why so many cases of chrome.exe run my CPU usage.

Just found a solution for this one... after experimenting different stuffs, I finally figured out how to make it fast... 1st, before you open google chrome, open the Task Manager first(Ctrl+Alt+Del)then click the performance tab, now open Google Chrome, check the Task Manager, it is using more than 80%, sometime 100% of your CPU usage just like mine... To lower this one and make Google Chrome fast again, click the processes tab, look for the Image name that uses 22,000 or more Mem usage except for Chrome.exe(of course) and System Idle process, now if you found those Image name that uses 22,000 or more Mem usage, click it then "End Process" I think I ended three processes and now I'm using Chrome again and the CPU usage just run around 2%, 11%, and 16% is the highest, enjoy Hope I solved your problem =)

Also you can see multiple chrome.exe in the task manager. The reason is addons that we install in this browser from chrome store. Some of those apps in the background uses internet resources to collect updates and information. Disabling them is beneficial. Yet Google has not provide any better upgrade on Chrome which can improve the performance.