Thread: DNS lookup failed, cannot access any websites except Hotmail in Internet Explorer 9

DNS lookup failed, cannot access any websites except Hotmail in Internet Explorer 9

This problem is really unique in my case. My internet is working fine. But I am not able to open any websites at all. Well hotmal is getting opened up but no other site be it google or yahoo. None of the sites are getting opened up. When referred to some of my friends they said that it is called as dns lookup failed. Mow I don’t know what is that and how to treat that problem. So I had to visit a cybercafé and report this problem with you all guys. I tried accessing websites with different browsers as well but even that did not help me. Now I want your help on this. do you all have got any solution that I can refer to then please let me know as soon as possible.

Re: DNS lookup failed, cannot access any websites except Hotmail in Internet Explorer 9

Well you get that message saying dns lookup failed and this message you normally get when there is no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. Even a unresponsive DNS server or a firewall can sometimes prevent a browser for accessing the network.

Re: DNS lookup failed, cannot access any websites except Hotmail in Internet Explorer 9

I would advise you to check the dns settings. If you have heard of DNS prefetching then try disabling it first. Follow the steps that I am giving you here
    - Go to Spanner menu, then under options.
    - Now go to the bonnet you will find the option "Use DNS pre-fetching to improve page load performance". You should go and deselect that option.
    Now see of there is some change in the performance or not.

These issue can also happen if you are using a proxy server for the same. If you are using a proxy server then I would say that better check if the proxy server is working or not.

Please check in your firewall or antivirus software's settings if the browser is there in the permitted program list or not. If it is in the blocked list then it would not open any sites. For an example if you are using a browser say Google chrome then you should add it in the list of permitted programs. In case if it already there in the lost of permitted programs then removes all of them and again add it manually. This should help you.

After looking at all of the solutions I must say that any one of them should work out for you. In case if nothing is working for you then I would advise you contact your network administrator as if what is the problem. I am sure they would be able to give you some solutions accordingly. Also one more time try rebooting your routers, modems or other network devices. To check if everything works fine or not.