Thread: Connection failed on all videos?

Exclamation Connection failed on all videos?

Hello i am very new to all of this and dont understand what is going on? I was able to connect to zmovies but i cannot play any movies at all? I keep getting Connection failed over and over on all vids. I am running windows 7 and have a DSL modem. My husband is connected to the same modem and has no issues at all. He can play all the movies i cant. I have tried to get windows to diagnose the issues but they say there are none and all the sites that "check" to see if the other sites are working say that they are. So what is going on? One min i can use it the next i cant. Literally. I have also ran AVG pro and Malwarebytes several times and it says there are no issues. I did a check for the DNS (?) virus but i have . . . . . as my IP addresses which is normal or so i have read. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Re: Connection failed on all videos?

I would also like to point out that i cannot connect to any online games either. Like world of warcraft or D2. It says connection failed.

If i am trying to watch from the same site then it is telling me to install a codec pack which i dont think is a very good idea, because then your computer becomes more prone to viruses. Also, which browser are you using and what is the computer specifications you are having? What does your Lan card connect to, how is your system set up? If it connects to a router, is the router assigning the network IP address or?

You could potentially install the codec and use some kind of video downloader software to capture the video, then restore your system to a previous state. Yes risky, but it just depends on what you are willing to do for the file.

This is something I have done in the past and have come out pretty much unscathed.
    They call me the wizard or transformation

Quote Originally Posted by zachary View Post
    If i am trying to watch from the same site then it is telling me to install a codec pack which i dont think is a very good idea, because then your computer becomes more prone to viruses. Also, which browser are you using and what is the computer specifications you are having? What does your Lan card connect to, how is your system set up? If it connects to a router, is the router assigning the network IP address or?
    I dont have the codec pack that i know of. I did instal K-lite as i have always had that on all my comps. I am using Firefox. I added all plug-ins and did full updates on everything that was available. (windows, java, flash player ect) My computer was turned off and the the power was pulled and drained. (button pushed to empty mother board) Then the portal was d/c for over an hour. Plugged the portal back in and then the comp and was able to play wow. I still cannot play any vids at all on any server site, still says connection failed.
    So i disabled TCP/IPv6 did this.. an started a video... but turned it off cuz it was a lame one and then i tried another one from the same place (Vidreel) and it said connection failed. Now all connection from every link on the zmovies site fails. I did however open the same site in Internet explorer and it works but it is VERY choppy and the graphics seem to go to crap instantly So weird!

This is a brand new computer" Windows 7 home premium, Hewlett Packard, AMD Athlon (tm) II x2 220 processor 2.8o ghz, RAM 3.75 usable, 64bit operating system, I have a DSL modem from ATT (not a router) my comp plugs directly into it with a cord. I have reset this several times and drained the comp of juice. Seems to work momentarily but the second the screen is closed it fails everything all over again.

I dont know what else to say that could help... As far as i know the DSL modem is what sends out the ip? My husbands comp is on the same modem hub portal and has NO issues at all and uses firefox. This is the biggest pain because its only on Zmovies.tv and yet when i try to watch something on Youtube, vidX den, Netflix ect its so choppy that its not worth even trying! I am so beyond frustrated.

with firefox(10.0.2) i am not able to play any streaming videos from sites like Vidreel etc.i get 'Connection Failed' error. Thought the server isssue and stopped visiting the site. but today found people commenting on the same video , so its working for every one.

So then i tried Chrome(17.x.x) and there is no issue. its streaming well

I'm getting kid of lost guys. I have been rocking this dvd burning software that was recommended to me by a friend and have been able to not only rip the files from their host, but burn them in really good quality. I wish I was more of a trouble shooter. This has to be something going on with your connection or maybe the proxy settings are having some kinds of issues. Maybe somebody with moire IT knowledge can help?
    They call me the wizard or transformation