Thread: I am still having internet explorer 9 even after installing Windows 8 Consumer Preview,How can I get Internet Explorer 10?

I am still having internet explorer 9 even after installing Windows 8 Consumer Preview,How can I get Internet Explorer 10?

I have recently installed the Windows 8 Consumer Preview and I am still having internet explorer 9, I have not completed the step for keeping my apps and user files as I did not found them to be of any use, when I a clicking on the Internet Explorer tile in the Metro start menu then it is taking me in to internet explorer 9 and after that I get an error message saying he page is not responding and when I am clicking on the recover thing it is not helping, so I just wanted to know what will I have to do to get Internet Explorer 10?

re: I am still having internet explorer 9 even after installing Windows 8 Consumer Preview,How can I get Internet Explorer 10?

I have recently installed the Windows 8 Consumer Preview and I am still having internet explorer 9, I have not completed the step for keeping my apps and user files as I did not found them to be of any use, when I a clicking on the Internet Explorer tile in the Metro start menu then it is taking me in to internet explorer 9 and after that I get an error message saying he page is not responding and when I am clicking on the recover thing it is not helping, so I just wanted to know what will I have to do to get Internet Explorer 10?
    Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted you to go in to the Charms>Settings>More PC Settings> Windows Update and see if you are having all the available updates, other than this also go in to Control Panel>Programs> Turn Windows Features On/Off and see if the internet explorer is checked or not, just check out these things and then post back the result that you get.

re: I am still having internet explorer 9 even after installing Windows 8 Consumer Preview,How can I get Internet Explorer 10?

I have tried following your solution and I have found that the available updates were already installed and in the Control Panel>Programs> Turn Windows Features On/Off the Internet Explorer 10 is checked as well, I don’t know what is the issue all about, is there anything else that I have to check out in order to get the internet explorer 10 working??? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

Re: I am still having internet explorer 9 even after installing Windows 8 Consumer Preview,How can I get Internet Explorer 10?

I think that I can help you out here, just follow the below steps:
    1. First just check out for the Default Programs and make sure that the "Apps" filter id checked mark there
    2. After that click on the "Set Default Program" and then select "Internet Explorer" which will be on the left pane and then click on the "Set this program as default" which will be in the right pane.
    3. When you are done with the above thing then just go back to the start screen and then click on the background and then just Select "All apps" from the popup and then just Right click on the internet Explorer and after that Click "Pin to Start".

Just check out the same and then let me know if it is helping.

Re: I am still having internet explorer 9 even after installing Windows 8 Consumer Preview,How can I get Internet Explorer 10?

Thanks for the same but then the above solution does not seems to be helping me out, I mean that I have performed the above solution but then when I am opening internet explorer then I am getting blue window and white logo of internet explorer but then it is not opening internet explorer, I don’t think that I have missed anything, is there some other solution that I can try out????

I don’t know why the above solution is not working out for you, I mean that I was having the same issue and the above solution had solved it out, anyways I just wanted to know that had you performed the 3rd step, I mean that going back to the start screen and then clicking on the tile again, I will suggest you to try out the same and see if it is helping or not, if you have any further issues then let me know.