Thread: Internet explorer 9 does not display error messages for javascript on status bar

Internet explorer 9 does not display error messages for javascript on status bar

my internet explorer was working very fine in my case and there were no issues at all but recently I came across that the IE 8 and versions previous to that displayed an error message on the status bar when there is a issue with a web page. As I am working on a development site and we need to look for some error messages when I have a problem (in javascript) I forever look to the status bar for an error message. As I wanted this error message to be displayed I want to know some means to turn this on? So can you guys solve it for me. Thanks.

re: Internet explorer 9 does not display error messages for javascript on status bar

I would give a possible answer for this one. As I have came across this by double clicking the status bar the error message display form appears after intentionally creating an error. And see to it that you have made some mistakes which will tend to appear this type of messages.

re: Internet explorer 9 does not display error messages for javascript on status bar

If you are concerned with this issue, I would like to tell you that there is a developer tools alternative on the tools menu. In addition to this , this will come in handy and might have already been there in Internet Explorer 8. I was just used to the messages on the status bar along with used that for javascript issues .

You need to have a glance on this thing. So in the "Tools" you will be with "Developper Tools . by pressing F12.

Then in the "SCRIPT" and then in the "Console” while making use of the "half sized windows display" . that will appear in top right. I would addionaly say that that it is "equivalent" of a big practical but sizeable STATUS BAR also We are not able to live without the old icon ( Done + warning ) but it was certainly sensible.

According to me, I should suggest you to make use of the iexplorer which will tend to check the JS error in the status bar, by making use of the iexplorer like a quickk and useful JS validation controller . I also have obtained that if it worked with iexplorer 8, it will often labor on the four others browsers I make use of later for final control.

I have also tried with this situation and all I can get is some popup message box after trying this. But I think that it is worth trying it.

If you can try with this one , you need to go under Tools/ Internet Options, and then go to the Advanced tab as well as uncheck the "Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer)" alternative. following this, apply your settings and it should at present effort to debug several errors it comes crossways. I will surely say that there will be issues resolved as the solution worked for me as I was doing the JavaScript programs and I was familier of the fact that it was a error prone program.

Some people complain that the MS people have purposely removed the icon and what’s the use of it. But I would like to talk regarding this as I surely agree to the case that the script error should be seen in the status bar area plus the progress bar. By making use of the tapping (on the touch pad area) I am often not certain as Internet Explorer gives no indication of life processing a page, subsequently I have to click left button.in addition , I would say that the Progress bar is therefore very helpful, user is conscious that something is occurring but a short wait is required.

Re: Internet explorer 9 does not display error messages for javascript on status bar

I am able to understand that the hiding of the 'status bar' for usual users, but if we desire to have it displayed, it makes it far fewer helpful than it used to be by removing the warning icon for JavaScript faults.