Thread: Set internet explorer as default browser in windows 7

Set internet explorer as default browser in windows 7

I have got laptop from my father two year ago as a gift and I liked it very much because I wanted to have an computer and it seems like my dad has read my mind . The thing is that I was using internet 9 as default and I want know to use internet 10 as my default browser in my windows 7 can anyone provide solution to my problem?

Re: Set internet explorer as default browser in windows 7

If you want to set internet 10 as default browser then you have to type default browser on your startscreen then you want to select the (apps) filter. Then in the search result click on the default browser there you have to set the default programs. Then from the list you have to choose internet explorer 10 and set it as default then ok. Know you have set internet as default browser. Then close your default programs.But the internet explorer 10 will open through the link in the desktop. To set internet explorer link in the desktop follow these step:First open internet explorer 10 in your desktop then in internet explorer open settings then ok. Then there will be a gear icon which will be in the left corner i.e. tools click on it. Simply select internet option then select programs tab then at last choose how you open the links.

I have changed my default browser for these you have to go to tools. Then you have to select the tools which are under advanced tab. Then select internet option and then programs there you will find default browser then select internet explorer as default. Then ok your default browser is set to internet explorer 10 in windows 7.

Hmmm you can set anything as default if you want to select internet explorer 10 as default. Then follow the steps given below first as usual open internet explorer then select tools then internet option. Click on the program tab click on reset web setting then there will be a popup menu that will occur select yes. Otherwise you can select start then open control panel then internet option simply click program tabs check the default browser as internet explorer 10. Then at the end click ok last start internet explorer then there will be a prompt click ok.