Thread: Unable to find Internet Explorer 10 metro app

Unable to find Internet Explorer 10 metro app

I was making use of the latest version of internet explorer. And I am with some issues which I think you will clear. My consumer preview installed without the internet explorer metro app. I am only able to access the desktop edition of internet explorer. Can you have some suggestions regarding this. The Internet explorer tile exists in the start screen. yet, when I attempt to click on it, the desktop unlocks as well as IE10 for the desktop launches. I am not able to find or else launch the metro version.

re: Unable to find Internet Explorer 10 metro app

First of all, i would suggest that the issue you are with only occurs when you set an additional browser as default. Additionally , I need to say that you need to make attempt to set Internet Explorer as default as well as Metro IE tile will tend to appear.

I would give simple solutions which you will have to try and to tell regarding it, have a search for "Default Programs". And also make sure that the "Apps" filter is chosen. Then you need to click the "Set Default Program" and then make a selection of the "Internet Explorer" on the left. Finally have a click on the "Set this program as default" which is present on the right.

I have tried with the above solution and I suppose that it has drove me next to the solution, but I need to tell you that it didn’t worked and I had to do some further steps to solve that . so you need to right click the nothingness background. Have a selection of the "All apps" from the popup and then have a right click on the "internet Explorer" and then have a click on the "Pin to Start".

Internet Explorer 10 for the desktop doesn't exist. It's simply for the Windows 8 Preview. What you're actually opening is the Internet Explorer 9 or else IE8 built for Windows 7. I as well saw that you had Chrome as the default browser when you installed the W8CP.

I have founded!! As the above solutions were not working in my case I found some different way to get out of it. you need to go to the Internet Explorer and in Tools then in the Internet Options and finally to the Programs. You need to click on the set Associations and make a choice for the "Select All". You will appear to say OK button right after it. at this time your Start Screen should have changed your Internet Explorer tile to look like the Metro.

I also had this problem and I will thanks for your replies. There are no solutions yet. it is Internet Explorer 10 and only running. Under the desktop shell, there is no metro interface. I can make sure this by clicking on "about" and it displays version 10.0.8250.0. it is not IE8 or 9.the difficulty is that there is no means to access the metro interface edition.

Ok I will explain the problem once more. The Internet Explorer tile exists in the start screen. though, when I click on it, the desktop opens as well as Internet Explorer 10 for the desktop begins. I am not able to find or launch the metro version.

It should be noted that I made a proper installation over a earlier edition of windows 7 where chrome was the default browser. as well when I followed the directions above Internet Explorer was not an alternative under default programs.

I f you tend to right-click on the start screen background in addition to make a selection of the "All apps" do you observe Internet explorer in that list? And if you are able to see that , you are able to right click on it and pin it to the start screen.

rajni Guest

Re: Unable to find Internet Explorer 10 metro app

I also had the same problem but after I made some installation of the "IE10 Preview" everything was fine for me. So I think you need to check whether you have properly installed the IE10 Preview and then check remaining things.