Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to increase time of Page Load Timeout in Google Chrome

Technology & Internet

Old 01-03-2012

How to increase time of Page Load Timeout in Google Chrome

Can anyone tell me how can I increase the time interval of page load timeout in Google Chrome. In my case the Chrome gives this message too quickly. So I want to modify the time settings.

Old 01-03-2012

Re: How to increase time of Page Load Timeout in Google Chrome

I think that there could be config file which should contain all the settings need for the Google Chrome browser. I have done it in Firefox which has everything in config file can be easily edit. But I donít have any idea about IE or Chrome
Old 01-03-2012

Did you check in the Registry settings? I think that this kind of settings or options only available in Registry. With little knowledge about Registry editor, you can easily find and edit the appropriate key which is meant for Google Chrome Page load time out. There are also some script available but they wont work properly.
Old 01-03-2012

Yes, I have also seen that Google chrome tends to time out soon during the loading webpages and it do not automatically refresh. Sometimes it shows only a white page saying ďThis webpage is not available". So you need to again refresh the page, it get it back. For this issue, I tried to look into the settings but I didnít get anything to modify the page load timeout event. It is really shame that Chrome gives up too soon whereas the Firefox came with Google option for this.
Old 01-03-2012

In my case I donít see page load time out message, instead of that I see "This page is unavailableĒ. I am pretty sure that timing out would be the cause for this. The problem is about your internet bandwidth and number pages loading at a time. Some pages needs heavy and constant amount of bandwidth to open page. When there is shortage or drop of connection, the browser suddenly shows either page load time or This page is unavailable message. On the other side IE and Firefox will wait much long for the webpage to load.
Old 01-03-2012

If you have slow internet connection, then your browser will surely show some kind of message on Screen when it is fails to load a page. For example a dial up connection. Sometimes if you visit sites based oversees using a dial up or dsl connection, then also web browser shows timeout messages. Nothing can be done to prevent this thing. Some says that IE and Firefox doesnít show these messages quickly but I donít believe that. IE quickly shows an error when it fails to load page within a given time.
Old 01-03-2012

The issue seems like the Google Chrome does not providing enough time for a webpage to load. This could be due to the slow response to Chrome requests or due to the slow connection preoccupied. In this situation, the Chrome either quits or shows error message. Sometimes it shows partially loaded page with breaking images
Old 03-03-2012

Did you try turning off DNS pre-fetching? For that you have to Go to Tools > Options > Under the Hood and under Privacy please uncheck the box besides "Use DNS pre-fetching..."

Now see what is going to Chrome.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , , , ,