Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to remove "drop in savings" drop down from Google Chrome

Technology & Internet

Old 01-03-2012

How to remove "drop in savings" drop down from Google Chrome

I am on Google Chrome now and I am looking for a way to get rid of this annoying "drop in savings" drop down. It is really an annoying thing in my computer. I donít know how it got downloaded and installed in my computer. Seems like it is some kind of extensions. I donít have much technical knowledge and for that I need a simply solution.

Old 01-03-2012

Re: How to remove "drop in savings" drop down from Google Chrome

Of course, this issue is related to the extensions, may be. To check it just go after these steps:
  • Go to chrome://extensions/
  • See whether you have PremiumPlay Codec-C installed or not. If so disable it and see what happens.
  • If it didnít solve the problem, then disable all your extensions.
  • Now re-enable one by one and see when you start getting "DropInSaving$" drop-down menu.
Old 01-03-2012

In order to remove that drop down from the screen I chose Toolbar Options on the toolbar. After that I have selected the Components and after that unchecked Coupons_InText. By doing this only, the drop down disappeared from the screen. I didnít uninstall it yet because I just disabled it. I know how to uninstall plug-ins but didnít find what to uninstall.
Old 01-03-2012

I have found an answer for this and it is fairly simple. Whenever you hover over the "drop in savings" icon over the web page where you see list of coupons drop down. At that time you will notice a small gear shaped icon on the bottom right of the "coupon" graphic. Click on it and it will give you a several options. In my case I have got two option boxes. In that Choose "Disable" in the top and then "Forever".
Old 01-03-2012

Actually it is a plug-in which is installed in your computer for Google Chrome. It might been downloaded automatically while your browsing. I have seen that some online game web sites, automatically downloads plug-ins on a browser whenever you choose a game to play. This plug-ins sometimes become very much annoying. But donít worry; I got what it is actually:
  • Click Start> Control Panel>"Add/Remove Programs. In Windows Vista/7 you will see it as "Programs/Features".
  • Choose the GamePlayLabs plug-in from the list of software, and click Uninstall/Remove.
Old 01-03-2012

If this issue is really annoying for you, then try Malwarebytes. It will take care about any issues. I had the same drop down and after running the Malwarebytes scan, everything has vanished from the computer and all browsers started responding as normal. Actually it is not a trustworthy program. The Malwarebytes will find all infected files and shows you the result. You can then manually choose or mark on each which you need to be removed. The system will restarts upon removing.
Old 01-03-2012

I donít know whether my post is helpful for everyone. In my case I found drop in savings addon was linked to the IOBit Toolbar. Actually this toolbar was getting installed when I downloaded and installed the Advanced System Care. The problem was I couldnít able to remove toolbar individually. So I remove the entire program from system. Now drop in savings icon disappeared. Then again installed the Advanced System Care without the IOBit Toolbar.
Old 03-03-2012

The antivirus software may detect it as a virus but it is actually an adware. It is some kind of ad program which depends on or linked to another program. Usually third parties host their add program like this way with main party. This program cannot be removed once installed without removing the host program

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , ,