Thread: Google Chrome New Instance opens behind current focus Window

Google Chrome New Instance opens behind current focus Window

Currently I am on the latest version of Google Chrome. The thing is whenever I open a new instance (New window) in Chrome, it opens behind the current Window which has focus. I tried the same thing on Firefox but there won’t be a problem like that. My system is running Windows 7 64-bit. Does anyone know the solution for this?

Re: Google Chrome New Instance opens behind current focus Window

I have a solution and to follow this:
    • First of all open any Windows and make it has focus. Windows folder will do
    • Now simply open a new window of Google Chrome (not a tab). You can easily open it by Shift + Left Clicking the Google Chrome button on quick launch. Otherwise if you have Google Chrome already opened, you can press Control + N. Now it will not open BEHIND the window.

I have noticed similar kind of problem in my windows computer. MY computers are running Windows 7 and in both I have noticed that same kind of problem. However the strange thing is, you cannot notice this on Linux. The problem is very annoying and it’s only about the Windows version. I don’t know Google will find a patch for this. Can’t really tell whether it is a Chrome bug or issue with Windows 7.

Have you noticed the similar kind of problem in previous version of Google Chrome? It seems to me that it is some kind of new feature in Google Chrome which does not let you out of the current Window which you are working even after opening a new Window.

I am also using the Chrome. Here also the same thing. Whenever I open new chrome window from the on quick launch icon when a previous chrome window is currently in focus, the new one will become visible but it will not show any kind of keyboard focus. I can see only the blinking cursor in address bar. When I try to type suddenly, nothing appears on there. It won’t take any keyboard input. I am on regular update and I think that still it has lot more bugs to fix.

I don’t know about the Google Chrome but I have seen a similar problem in Firefox. I have encountered the problem that some Firefox windows that open out again by a click, unfortunately, did not appear in the foreground. After some searching and various experiments in Firefox, we are then still come up with the solution: In Firefox under Settings in the "content" is "Enable JavaScript" is the setting. With the "Advanced ..." button to JavaScript can still fine adjustments. Be "put in front of or behind other windows" must be disabled.

If you love to use extensions or plug-ins in Google Chrome, then here is a solution for you. The “All Links Open New Window” extension is available on Chrome webstore. This will help you to open all links in new windows. But one thing make sure that opening too many Windows surely going to slow down your computer.

I have no idea what it is about and don’t know why it is happening in your case. I am using the latest version of Google Chrome and I never noticed this kind of problem before. Sounds really strange to me and I can clearly tell that Chrome has nothing to do with it. The problem is with your OS or the system settings. You might have customized your Windows. Check for windows update.

Thanks AliyaK! I'd suddenly started having this problem with Google Chrome too and your fix seems to have taken care of it!