Thread: Adobe Flash unresponsive/freezing in Google Chrome 11

Adobe Flash unresponsive/freezing in Google Chrome 11

In my case the Flash freezing in Google chrome. Sometimes I am get message saying that plug-in is unresponsive: Shockwave Flash. The strange thing is that even after error message and freeze; the browser won’t crash at all. I don’t know whether it is a bug or something else. Does anyone noticed this issue? Is there any patch from Google?

Re: Adobe Flash unresponsive/freezing in Google Chrome 11

So I had the same problem for several days and I found the solution (at least for me it worked), and it was a bit simpler: The plug-in for adobe flash is disabled. The trick is that I had not seen through tools> Extensions but by putting "about: plugins" in the navigation bar. It was enough to click on "Enable" under Flash. If it didn’t solve the problem, then directly reinstall Chrome directly after installing the latest version of Java and Adobe Flash Player.

I think that for this issue you have to disable the integrated Flash plug-in. Integrated plug-in will continue to go Crash every time try to play a video on YouTube. When I found this detail, I finally understood how to solve the problem. Do not just use an older version of flash player, but you should disable the built-in browser plugin.

I don’t think that disabling the integrated Flash plug-in will solve the problem. But you can give it a try. To do this you need to go after a few steps. Open Google Chrome and in the address bar type "about: plugins" (without quotes) and press the Enter key. Click on "Details" at the top right. Scroll down until you find the entry "Flash (2 files)". As was the name implies, there are two files that operate the flash. You find the one called "gcswf32.dll". After you have identified, click on "Disable".

Did you try the different version of Flash player with Google Chrome? I am telling, either you need to try the latest version of Flash or outdated version. If you are on integrated Flash plug-in, then also you need to look for update. I assume that the Google Chrome is the latest version so far. So for that it would be better to play with latest Flash.

I think that, you are using the both Flash player and Flash plug-in for Google Chrome. I mean you have installed both in your computer. If you have installed Flash player previously on the computer, you don’t need to get the Google Chrome integrated Flash plug-in. Using both could be a conflict and thus causing the web browser to became unresponsive or freeze.

I hope that you have removed the previous version of Google Chrome but you didn’t remove the files and registry keys. The problem is, this residual files and keys could create a conflict. In this situation, you need to go for the free cleaning program like Ccleaner. This tool is very easy to use. You can download it from any third party website for free.
    Launch Ccleaner and Click on "Cleaning">Start Cleaning”> "Register">"Clean”> "Find Issues". After the scan is finished, click "Fix selected ...”. A window will appear asking you if you want to make a registry backup before repairing. Now that the system has been cleaned properly, restart the computer.

When the freezing occurs, can you launch the Windows Task manager? If possible, do it and see whether there is any app or the Google Chrome itself is eating your CPU and memory. If any other app or services eating up system resources, kill it manually. If the Google Chrome itself doing this, then you have to worry about. See whether you can get any patch or not.