Thread: Mouse cursor won't change in Google Chrome when hover over link

Mouse cursor won't change in Google Chrome when hover over link

There is a problem with Google Chrome browser in my Linux computer. It is in Beta version. The problem is when I load a page and hove mouse cursor over a link, it will not change. The cursor remains the same as arrow. I can click on a link and that won’t be a problem but I don’t know why mouse cursor does not change the hover state. Furthermore I cannot highlight and select text.

Re: Mouse cursor won't change in Google Chrome when hover over link

I had the same problem, never found the solution.
    But it's related to KDE because it disappeared after an update (remember which one) and with current 4.6.5 I change cursor smoothly.

Those who have installed new pointers from System - Preferences - Appearance you may have noticed that the pointer or cursor is not changed on the desktop and does so only in Google Chrome or in the window title if you have emerald. This is a bug that when activated Compiz does not support changing pointer or cursor, if you disable it perfectly acceptable to see that change.

The mouse has nothing to do with the elements on the page. But the problem just seems to like chrome. What fixed this problem was merely disconnecting the receiver of the mouse and connecting it again. Oddly enough not disconnect and reconnect enough to the USB hub was connected to the receiver. Hope this is of assistance to someone.

It seems to me that the wmode = "opaque" - setting could be the cause of the problem. You said that you are still in BETA version. So it would be better try to update the krpano.swf but I do not think that it will help. This is nothing to do and can be controlled by krpano itself because it all related to the browser and the flash player, with wmode = "opaque". The compositing of the flash player output, and then the browser has the control over the mouse cursor.