Thread: How to stop "Congratulations You Won" Banner Ad from safari

How to stop "Congratulations You Won" Banner Ad from safari

In my MacBook pro I have MAC OS X 10.6.7 and I am facing problem with the Safari browser in my system. Whenever I load any pages in the Safari browser at that time "Congratulations You Won" Banner Ad appears automatically. This problem is irritating for me. Please tell me how to fix this problem?

Re: How to stop "Congratulations You Won" Banner Ad from safari

You should try these steps to solve this problem and after trying this problem will get solved. You have to first open Safari browser in your MacBook pro and after that you have to select safari menu. Now you have to click on reset button and after resetting the button you have to check all the options which will appear in the reset window and then you have to click on reset button and after that you have to restart Safari browser and after restarting the safari browser in your system your problem might get solved.

If above steps does not help you to solve this problem then I will suggest you to remove Downloads.plist, History.plist, LastSession.plist file by going in to the library folder and then you have to start safari browser and then check whether your problem get solved or not? As far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

There was same problem occurred with me and I have first disabled all the extension in the safari browser but after disabling the extension also same problem occurs. I now after that I have remove the download, history and last session file from library\safari folder and after that my problem get solved.
    If after trying above solution also same problem is occurring then let me know.

Resetting the Safari browser does not help me to solve this problem and after that I have removed the files which is mentioned above from safari folder and after that also I get same problem. I have also search solution on internet but I didn’t find anything.

Now please let me know how to get rid of this problem?

I will suggest you to remove Safari browser from your Macbook pro and then you have to install Safari browser again and then you have to check whether it makes any difference or not? Many times by reinstalling the browser can help you to fix this problem.