Thread: Scrolling on Safari 5.1 with Windows unable to work

Scrolling on Safari 5.1 with Windows unable to work

I was previously making use of the firefox and opera and tried many browsers but as a change I preferred this one , the safari 5.1 and I am not able to get scrolling to work with Safari 5.1 on my Windows machines. So can I get the exact reason for this. thanks.

Re: Scrolling on Safari 5.1 with Windows unable to work

I can give a possible answer in this case as I was also having the same problem. The matter on my work PC was associated to a Microsoft mouse with smooth scrolling, and it came to my notice that the latest edition of Safari does not hold up smooth scrolling appropriately.

According to me, I need to tell you that you require install the Intelipoint software and after that you need to some settings in the control panel . go in the Wheel option present in the Mouse Properties and then have a click on 'Identify programs that don't scroll correctly.' In addition you need to click 'Add' and add Safari to the list. Finally click OK to close the windows.

As I was also having the same issue and the scrolling worked well in Firefox and opera I had no doubt in my Logitech Performance MX, and after some searches, I found that after turning off the 'Enable Smooth Scrolling' in the Setpoint control panel along with presto, there were no issues in scrolling in Safari and it worked well again.

rajni Guest

My scroll was also not able to work unless I rolled the wheel really quick. following to the disabling of "Smooth Scrolling" the scrolling functioned well. You need to open Setpoint - My Mouse >> Pointer & Scrolling settings >> and then Uncheck smooth scrolling.It didn't appear to mess with the added apps "smoothness" . hope this reply helps you in your case.

The reason could be that you are having an older MS Mouse. I am occupying a MS Wireless IntelliMouse 2.0 along with a most recent edition of the software does not have the smooth scrolling alternative so this repair will not labor. The lone answer for me that fixed the trouble was removing version 5.1.2 of Safari and installing an older edition of safari similar to 5.0.5 . This will have a fix for your scrolling issue.

I am making use of WIndows 7 Ultimate,and just bought a Wireless MS Mouse also a new KB, and it no longer scrolls in Safari pages. According to me, it scrolls on the iGoogle opening screen, but not on results. There is a good working in the case of Chrome, Opera and Internet Explorer 9 . so can anyone suggest here .

In my case , you can assume to have download of the latest Microsoft Intellipoint software installed on Windows 7. You are able to download Intellipoint from Microsoft's "Downloads" area, and it's free of charge software along with Windows 7 will bring up to date automatically for you. confirm you have the download of the correct version, and it depends on whether you have the x32 or x64 version of Windows 7.
    Safari does not labor correctly with "smooth scrolling", until Apple updates Safari to comprise smooth scrolling compatibility, smooth scrolling must be put out of action or else mouse wheel scrolling within Safari will not tend to labor.

You need to download the latest version of Intellipoint from microsoft website and it is available for free. And after installing it you will be with great working with your scrolling as it fixed in my case.