Thread: Google chrome Sync of bookmarks randomly changes order of Icons

Google chrome Sync of bookmarks randomly changes order of Icons

Hello friends, I am using the new version of the Google chrome on my windows 7 and also on the Ubuntu Linux. I am having the bookmarks on the browser, so synchronize it with the built-in features. I have founded that there is been change in the icons of the bookmarks bar and also the some of the folders which are there in bookmark are been changed. I think that there might be something which has been arrived with the code and created this problem. I am using it from past two years and have not got the problem till now, so what is the problem. Can anyone please help me with it? Thank you.

Re: Google chrome Sync of bookmarks randomly changes order of Icons

I have stop using the synchronizing feature in my entire browser, have deleted all the local bookmarks and started using the syncing the bookmarks again. There will be only hope that there is a local data corruption. If I am doing that then all the browsers are looking the same. I am using the 2-step verification and for which the each of the browser are having a dedicated "application specific password". If you go to the account management page then Google will show you the last access date for every password and over you will be able to see that password which is been generated for Chrome sync will be used only once. But the date of it will not be changed. I think that it is been interpreted by a Google technician.

I am having lot of bookmark and having it in the drop down box also. But I have keep the track of the bookmarks carefully, but have noticed that in the dropdown list there are some of the icons which are changing in themselves and other which are been seen at the bookmark bar they are proper. I think that update of chrome will be fixing the problem with it.

Even I have gone through the same problem but only once, but after that it has not happened. I was having the webpage of my router on the left side of the bookmark and when started the Google chrome then it moved four bookmarks to the right side in the bookmark bar. I believe that it is been happening with the bookmark which are left side and it might be observer bias. It is moving the bookmarks which are on the right side of the bar.

I think that it been worked out and also I have checked for me. I have sorted all the bookmarks on my desktop computer and left it on. Then I have gone to laptop and open the chrome, sign out from chrome account and also deleted all the bookmarks. Then reconnect to chrome so that it will synchronize the bookmark back to the browser, all were working proper and also in proper order which it should be. I have checked on the desktop machine then it was also the same and no problem was there. So you better update and check that it has worked for you or not.

The time when the start of Chrome and the syncing of the bookmarks has better from nearly instantly to 30-120 seconds while updates are synced instantly.