Thread: Google chrome sync does not work with 2-step verification

Google chrome sync does not work with 2-step verification

Hello friends, I am trying to do the sync but it is not working with the 2-step verification, I love the concept of 2-step verification but I do not why and what is the reason that it is not working with it, do not what is the problem and why it is been creating such a problem. Can anyone tell me what is the problem and what should I do to solve it, please help me. Thank you.

Re: Google chrome sync does not work with 2-step verification

I am surprised that how it is not working with it. I have used with the same password for multiple application and it has worked and I do not think that such problem will be there with it. It might be the problem that you might be using different password for the different application then I would suggest that you only use a single password for all the application.

Actually there are some sorts of the bug in few of the Chrome versions where you are getting the access code prompts; it is not the verification code. It is expecting as an application-specific password, where in the earlier times some of the application-specific passwords was also knows as the access codes earlier. It was been confusing with the verification codes which was been later named as application-specific passwords. Where the certain chrome are having the old name which is the confusion. When Chrome Sync asks you to sign in with username and password then you needs to enter your regular Google Account password not the application-specific password, then after that Chrome Sync ask you for an "access code" or an "application-specific password" then you better generate and enter an application-specific password.

If you are still getting the problem then I would suggest that you better go to following link which is having the steps which are been suggested by the Team of Chrome and there are some steps so you better follow it and try to work it out for you.
    Sync errors