Thread: cant load woff font from website on Opera 11.61

cant load woff font from website on Opera 11.61

From last 1 week I am try to load a particular font onto my Opera 11.61 but its giving me an error. There is a website called allshare which uses two woff web fonts. If I am not mistaken then the font which I am trying to load is called "Helvetica Neue".

Tried in both Opera 11.61 and Opera 12 but both failed to load it. I am using a Windows XP system, and also the font is able to get loaded easily in Internet Explorer 8, Firefox 9.01 and Chrome and only creates problem in Opera.

Re: cant load woff font from website on Opera 11.61

I guess we both share the same issue as even I am getting the same error message when I try to load font onto my Opera 11.61.

It directly gives me the URL from where I am trying to load the font and then gives me the error along with that. And the error message says that “Unable to Load webfont”. I am thinking to report a bug. Many of my friends told that it could be the issue from the website side. And due to this I am suggested to contact the site owner or else the site provider. Just wanted to confirm is this the correct thing to do.

Let me tell you that there is a secure banking and according to the Allshare the opera support only has to say that they only apply security controls at every layer of the solution. Just do one thing, upload an image to your file storage and then use the icons present above the message reply box to insert the relevant code.

I would suggest you to get a FastStone Capture 7.0, it’s a freeware that has almost all the powers and supports that almost all the users need.

rajni Guest

Let me tell you that right now there has been news that there is a bug in Opera 12 alpha which will most probably not show the fonts even if the font is showing on the page as the others have indicated. In fact I myself have already reported the bug in opera 12 alpha, so better you don’t take what is actually happening and being said on the Alpha build.

Right now I viewed the side through the opera 11.61 build 1250, and let me tell you that the fonts were downloading and also were displayed perfectly.

As mentioned above, the same problem is being faced by me also. Even I can’t load webfont for the same “allshare” site. Let me tell you that I have tried all the possible things to note down the changes. I have already tried to open and load the font using various combinations of OSs and the browsers.

• List of OS: Win7, WinXP, Ubuntu 10.04 and 11.04
    • List of browsers: IE7/8, CH16, FF9, OP11.61/12

But all the combinations with Opera failed, while all others were able to download the webfont. I strongly believe that the wrong reaction of the Opera to 403 forbidden error might be the reason for such difference. Or also there could be possibilities that the server gives the 403 but also allows the other browsers to load and download the webfont.

After your post even I tried to check the page using the combination of win7 and opera 11.60, and I found that there was no such issue with me. I mean I was able to easily download the fonts.

I guess the 403 which you have mentioned could be some different response which is given by the webfont provider when there is a mismatch between that is actually being registered to view the font. Or also it can be the account that has some issue.

It directly gives me the URL from where I am trying to load the font and then gives me the error along with that. And the error message says that “Unable to Load webfont”. I am thinking to report a bug. Many of my friends told that it could be the issue from the website side. And due to this I am suggested to contact the site owner or else the site provider. Just wanted to confirm is this the correct thing to do.
    Are you sure that you get the same error which you have mentioned above, if it’s so then I am sure that the error is with the code which you have copy pasted incorrectly as it basically says that you can’t have the font.

Actually whenever you load the page the CSS or the javascript which you have inserted into your page sends the request to the fast.font.com. And then after that the referrer is checked. Once if the referrer domain has the permission for the font then it is surely downloaded and if there is no permission then it won’t allow.

Tried in both Opera 11.61 and Opera 12 but both failed to load it. I am using a Windows XP system, and also the font is able to get loaded easily in Internet Explorer 8, Firefox 9.01 and Chrome and only creates problem in Opera………
    The first thing I would like to tell you is that you forget about getting the fix for the opera 12 version as it has already been said above that there is a bug existing in this alpha version so you better note that the opera 12 alpha won’t work until the bug in it is fixed that is currently existing.

You might better check that your opera version allow for the referrer to be sent. You can easily get it in Preferences > Advanced > Network