Thread: Did you use Waterfox?

Did you use Waterfox?

Head about this first time from my friends and they even don’t that certain about this apparently been around a while buts is there any one here already using it can tell me what exactly is this . up till now the only thing I know something to do with Firefox AND security . Is there someone here can explain me what is it

Re: Did you use Waterfox?

Waterfox is a specially optimized version for Intel and 64-bit operating systems to greatly speed up the performance of your browser. This application is updated simultaneously with Firefox, most of the plugins that you would normally use are compatible ... so you should not have too many problems to migrate . Waterfox is available for free download for Windows 64-bit .

You must have previously installed the runtime of Microsoft Visual C + + 2010 . onlyt the you can download Waterfox and other elements such as 64-bit versions of Flash or Sun Java virtual machine and language dictionaries.

It is a version optimized for Windows 64-bit versions of the Firefox browser. Waterfox - a high performance browser based on the source code of Mozilla Firefox that has one thing in mind: speed. The interface is the same as Firefox and extensions installed on your Firefox are supported. But beware! remember well, Waterfox is designed specifically for 64 bit systems ...

The 64 bit is the future, there is only the beginning of the consumer version, compatibility modules will follow, a bit of patience. . And nothing prevents to keep both versions. If this is the case it is good to take a benefits for each differing versions. if they have it in their betas, and as long as I remember it worked fine except the flash player or I do not know what that is only available in 32-bit but if you look closely you finally found an alternative 64-bit version

WaterFox version 10, the project that adapts to Firefox 64-bit operating systems, is now available This is a development organization that seeks to exploit the characteristics of the 64 bits for a faster search, using the source code of this popular Firefox. As told in their FAQ, it has been shown to be a faster browser than Firefox itself when installed on Windows 64-bit, remembering that since the first week of January is already an official Mozilla project and is available from website.

Developers from Mozilla also are working on a 64-bit version of Firefox, and even released a test build, but the release date is still unknown. So if you're used to Firefox, and working with 64-bit OS, at the moment, as an alternative, you can already use the Waterfox. When you go to Waterfox You should not feel the difference, because it is based on the latest version of Firefox and saved all the basic tools. Well, as you get the benefits of low weight distribution and high performance.

In comparison with Firefox there are some important differences. The first is the lack of plug-ins. In addition, to working with Waterfox users need to install 64-bit version of Java and Flash . Also, if you use Firefox, you should make a backup of important data and settings. This is required because Waterfox install and operate by using the files that already existing (user profile)

I have the Java 64 bit for the reason that I make use of IE 9 64 bit, do I require a 64 bit flash for Waterfox? YouTube working just fine in Waterfox. I have establish that It is not able to can't run the BBC Iplayer as it continually says that the plug-ins missing. BBC iPlayer is working just fine in the Firefox but , if you open Firefox straight after shutting Waterfox you will see the Java Console plug-in tab/page shows up . I be able to start the Firefox dozens of times but right after starting the waterfox & it won't start .