Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 27-02-2012

Not able to get rid of surf canyon extension

My system runs on Windows 7 Professional and I have recently installed Google Chrome version 13.0.782.112 and I don?t know how come I have got a surf canyon extension, I have been trying to uninstall the same and disable it as well but then it keep coming back again, is there anyone who can help me out??
Old 27-02-2012

Re: Not able to get rid of surf canyon extension

Quote:
My system runs on Windows 7 Professional and I have recently installed Google Chrome version 13.0.782.112 and I don?t know how come I have got a surf canyon extension, I have been trying to uninstall the same and disable it as well but then it keep coming back again, is there anyone who can help me out??
I have just found a un-installation method for surfcanyon so just try out the same and see if it is helping:
First just click on the "Customize and control Google Chrome" wrench icon which will be there in top right-hand corner and after that select Extensions and then just click on Uninstall and see if it is helping, if not then let me know about the same.
Old 27-02-2012

I have followed the same instruction which was there on the surfcanyon site as well but then I have tried it a no of times and it is not making any difference, it just ask me with a pop-up whether I want to uninstall it and after clicking on the same it appears as if it has gone but then when I open the chrome then it appears again, is there anything else that I can try out to get rid of it??? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.
Old 28-02-2012

As far as I am aware this method should help you out uninstalling the surfcanyon but then if it is not then there might be something else that is interfering with the un-installation process, I also wanted to add that the popup that you get is not from the surfcanyon and it is a part of your Chrome browser, anyways you can try out the same process again and after that look out for the surfcanyon.crx which will be possibly in c:\program files\chrome and then delete the same and then reboot the machine and see if it is making any difference.
Old 28-02-2012

Hello KJo - Sorry to hear that you had difficulties uninstalling our application (and I saw your post on our GetSatisfaction page), but it sounds like you've figured it out. We received a few reports of people having difficulty uninstalling from Chrome, so our suggestion has been to delete the surfcanyon.crx file. For what it's worth, like most every Chrome extension, we don't write any uninstall code - it's all handled by the Chrome browser. Our only guess right now is that perhaps there's another piece of software blocking the uninstall. Should you ever get any additional information on that which might be helpful for us, please let us know. Thanks!

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , , ,