Thread: Flash is still missing-plugin in Chrome 17 beta

Flash is still missing-plugin in Chrome 17 beta

My system runs Windows 7 64bit SP1 and I have recently installed Google Chrome version 17.0.963.26 beta-m and as it has been described in the below thread that there was some issues with the plug-in:
    Plugin missing in Google Chrome 16
    It was said that the issue was later solved In the Google Chrome 16 but then I am still finding the same issue in Google Chrome version 17, I have checked out for the updates but then have not yet found any, so just wanted to know that is there a way to fix it by some workaround??

Re: Flash is still missing-plugin in Chrome 17 beta

My system runs Windows 7 64bit SP1 and I have recently installed Google Chrome version 17.0.963.26 beta-m and as it has been described in the below thread that there was some issues with the plug-in:
    Plugin missing in Google Chrome 16
    It was said that the issue was later solved In the Google Chrome 16 but then I am still finding the same issue in Google Chrome version 17, I have checked out for the updates but then have not yet found any, so just wanted to know that is there a way to fix it by some workaround??
    In that case you can just check out if there is any extension which might interfere with the Chrome 17 browser if you find any, then just Disable it and check out again and see if it is helping if that does not help then you can just look for Skype plugin in Plugins page and after that disable the same and then enable 2nd Flash plugin and see if it is helping.

I did not got you completely, I mean that what you meant by second flash plugin, I have just checked out in the plugins and I have got the following:
    • Flash (3 files) - Version: 11,1,102,55
    • Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102

I am having them active as the flash is not working when disabled, I have found that it work for a session when I a re-enabling it but then when I close chrome and then start it again then it stops working again.

I am having the same issue and I have tried disabling the extension which I doubt might be interfering with Chrome 17 browser but then it did not worked and I am already having Skype plugin disabled, I have still tried enabling and disabling the same but then it is not helping, is there any other thing that I can do about the same?? Any further help for this will be appreciated.

Actually I was saying that when you go the Plugins page and then click on the Details link which is in the upper right corner will expand the Flash players, so now you can just try out disabling one or the other plugin and that’s why I meant by second flash plugin, anyways just try out the same and then let me know if it helps.

I will like to inform you both that the Flash issue has been completely fixed in the Current version is: 17.0.963.33 beta-m, there was an update for the same as well, so now you can just switch to the same and after that Adobe Flash plugin as well as the Chrome internal flash plugin will work without any issued, they both are having the below version:
    Name: Shockwave Flash
    Description: Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
    Version: 11,1,102,55

If anyone is having issues after getting the below current versions:
    • Google Chrome version 17.0.963.26 beta-m
    • Google Chrome 17.0.963.38 (beta)

Then you can just check about:plugins page for number of Flash plugins that might be enabled in your case, so here if you are having more than one then just disable the others except "Shockwave Flash 11.1 r31" and then things will be fine. Hope that helps.