Thread: Google Chrome freezes on Mac OS X 10.6.7

Google Chrome freezes on Mac OS X 10.6.7

Hello friends, I am having the Macbook Pro have Mac OS X 10.6.7 with Intel C2D 3.06 GHz and 4GB DDR3 RAM, whenever I am using the google chrome then it keep on freezing and not able to use the browser. Use it as the default browser on my system. Use it daily for browsing, developing php, mysql with MAMP and many more things. So does anyone else is getting the problem which I am facing presently and also what is the solution to solve the problem. Please help me. Thank you.

Re: Google Chrome freezes on Mac OS X 10.6.7

I would suggest that you better check the proxy settings and make sure that automatically detect settings are been marked or not.
    • Go to Wrench icon
    • Then select options.
    • Under that select Change proxy settings
    • Then go to Settings page
    • And check automatically detect settings is marked or not.

I am also having the same problem, installed the chrome 11.0.696.68 on Mac OS X 10.6.7. Whenever I am trying to open a new tab then it show me some search for google or sometimes valid domain address and after that browser is been hanged. It is responding to the clicks but not able to load. When I check the System Activity Monitor and founded that chrome process starts to be heavily loaded and due to which I have to force to stop it. Then start browser again. If I install any new thing on chrome then it start freezing. I have re-installed it then also getting the same problem again and again. I am thinking to move to some other browser.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterO View Post
    I am also having the same problem, installed the chrome 11.0.696.68 on Mac OS X 10.6.7. Whenever I am trying to open a new tab then it show me some search for google or sometimes valid domain address and after that browser is been hanged. It is responding to the clicks but not able to load. When I check the System Activity Monitor and founded that chrome process starts to be heavily loaded and due to which I have to force to stop it. Then start browser again. If I install any new thing on chrome then it start freezing. I have re-installed it then also getting the same problem again and again. I am thinking to move to some other browser.
    I would suggest that you better disable all the extension which you have installed on Google chrome, I think that it will work for you and it is the reason that process are been running on high load and it is been problem for freezing the browser.

The problem which is causing the freezing of the system will be solved with the latest update of the of google chrome, so I would suggest that you better check the latest update for your browser and download it and check for the problem you are getting it.