Thread: Not able to select "Automatically send usage statistics and crash reports to Google" checkbox in Google chrome

Not able to select "Automatically send usage statistics and crash reports to Google" checkbox in Google chrome

Hello friends, I am facing two problems with the Google chrome installation on the windows 7 with Google Packs to use on multiple user accounts. The first problem is that I am getting a version number which is having the unknown at the end, such that I am getting the version number as 13.0.782.112 unknown. Another problem is that when you are going to option then under it I am not able to select the "Automatically send usage statistics and crash reports to Google" checkbox. Can anyone help with the problem with it? Thank you.

Re: Not able to select "Automatically send usage statistics and crash reports to Google" checkbox in Google chrome

I think that you might be using the enterprise version, such that the Google chrome is been install on your work system by the system admin. I would suggest that you better check that admin has not disabled this setting. Where the enterprise version of Chrome has enabled the system administrators to set their policy that which setting they can set and used for them. First better check admin is allowing the setting and then after that set your own policy of settings.

Re: Not able to select "Automatically send usage statistics and crash reports to Google" checkbox in Google chrome

I think that you might have download the chrome from somewhere else, so you better download it from the Google website which will be the best option and also you might not get the problem with it, I would like to say the same to the others who are facing the same problem.

I am having the Enterprise version and also I am having the Admin rights. I am not having any such policies in this case. On which I am testing the chrome is not been connected to the domain whereas it is been running under the local Administrator account and it is having no local policies. I am not sure that how will the policy-disabled settings looked in Chrome, but I have checked in most of the application then it were locked down via group policies which are grayed out. Where the "Automatically send usage statistics and crash reports to Google" is been available, but cannot click on the check box, the checkbox blinks as normal when you click on it but checkmark is not been appear on it.

There is been a problem with the chrome enterprise version, if you are installing it on the previous version of Chrome. I would suggest that try to uninstall the previous version then freshly install the latest one. When you will be doing the reinstall process then you will be able to see a checkbox on the Terms of Service dialog which is the option usage statistics and crash reports. So better check that box and then after that you better move on with the install process. Once the install process is been done then open chrome and type “chrome://settings/advanced” in the address bar and check that "Automatically send usage statistics and crash reports to Google" is been marked as checked or not, if not then mark it.

Hey I was having the same problem with chrome, such that flash player keep on crashing when playing any of the Zynga games on facebook. I have observed that it been happening with Zynga games only. Where the problem is about not able to check the "Automatically send usage statistics and crash reports to Google" option, then it was been solved when I have uninstall the chrome and download the latest one from Chrome website. When I was doing the installation then it was asking me that I need to send reports automatically or not. Once completed with the installation process then made sure that it been checked or not and founded that it is been marked in the option. I am currently using the 16.0.912.63 m version of Google chrome.

I am aware of that cr bug. There is a problem which is causing some of the people who have the enterprise version, and before downloading Chrome from www.google.com/chrome.