Thread: Lightning with yahoo is giving an error message saying "Please select a calendar that supports tasks"

Lightning with yahoo is giving an error message saying "Please select a calendar that supports tasks"

I have recently started using Lightning 1.0b2 for thunderbird 3.1 and I am using the same with 4 yahoo calendars and I have chosen yahoo because I like the ability of it to sync tasks, anyways the problem I am facing with it now is that I am getting an error message saying "Please select a calendar that supports tasks" whenever I am trying to enter a new task to the calendar, the only calendar to which it is allowing me to enter the task is the holiday calendar and maybe it is the only local Lightning calendar, it is not allowing me to add task to other calendars that I am having, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it??

Re: Lightning with yahoo is giving an error message saying "Please select a calendar that supports tasks"

I have recently started using Lightning 1.0b2 for thunderbird 3.1 and I am using the same with 4 yahoo calendars and I have chosen yahoo because I like the ability of it to sync tasks, anyways the problem I am facing with it now is that I am getting an error message saying "Please select a calendar that supports tasks" whenever I am trying to enter a new task to the calendar, the only calendar to which it is allowing me to enter the task is the holiday calendar and maybe it is the only local Lightning calendar, it is not allowing me to add task to other calendars that I am having, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it??
    As far as I am aware the Lightning 1.0b2 requires CalDAV servers, so here I think that the task that you are willing to add might be not supported by the server or it might be disabled and so and that is why you are getting the above error messages, I think that you will have to wait until the Yahoo server doesn't Hopes not come up with a task support. Hope that helps.

Re: Lightning with yahoo is giving an error message saying "Please select a calendar that supports tasks"

Even I was going to suggest you the same, yahoo has removed their support for tasks which once were working fine with the Lightning and now they have simplified the to-dos where you can very well subscribe to the to-do list as it is read only but then you cannot add a due date, I think that this was really annoying step from the yahoo as the tasks was the only thing Yahoo's calendar was known for, I wish that they come up with the support for the tasks soon.

I don’t agree to you as I am still able to write tasks to Yahoo calendar using the Lightning 0.9, and as far as the latest Lightning 1.0b2 is concerned they are supporting some of the features by the CalDAV server but then for now the Yahoo sever is just supporting the events and not the tasks, I have contacted the yahoo and they said that it is just an issue of functionality for now and they might or may not come up with a support for the task nearly.

I really don’t understand what is actually wrong with the google and yahoo, I mean that why are they not supporting the tasks properly, yahoo seems to be using zimbra for it's "new" calendar, anyways I just wanted to know that is there anyone who has an idea about free caldav server which can support Tasks, any help for the same will be appreciated.