Thread: Not able to dismiss reminder in Mozilla Lightning

Not able to dismiss reminder in Mozilla Lightning

I have recently installed Mozilla Lightning and the problem that I am facing is that I am not able to find a way in which I can dismiss a reminder in Lightning, it just keeps on popping up and I am getting irritated of the same, is there anyone who has been using the same and has an idea about resolving this issue? Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: Not able to dismiss reminder in Mozilla Lightning

I have recently installed Mozilla Lightning and the problem that I am facing is that I am not able to find a way in which I can dismiss a reminder in Lightning, it just keeps on popping up and I am getting irritated of the same, is there anyone who has been using the same and has an idea about resolving this issue? Any help regarding this will be appreciated.
    Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know which Lightning and Thunderbird version you are having .I also wanted to know if you are having this issue with the remote calendar or with a local one?? Hope you have made sure that you are having write access to this calendar, anyways just check out the above things and let me know if you are getting any kind of error when you are trying to dismiss the event for further help.

This is my case:
    • Thunderbird version 2.0.0.9 (20071031)
    • Lightning 0.7
    • I am using Goosync to sync in order to sync with Google calendar
    • I am having write/full access
    • I am not getting any error message when I am dismissing the event.

What do you think might be the possible cause of this issue???

As far as I can think I doubt that the Google Calendar or either the GooSync might have removed the information from the event where the reminder might have already dismissed upon syncing, so when the event will be loaded from Google Calendar next time then the reminders will be fired again. I think that here you should better try out testing the Provider for Google Calendar extension which provide the read/write access directly from/to Google Calendar to the Lightning, just try it out and see if it us making any difference and helping you out or not.

I think that I have missed out something, I mean that I am using the Provider for Google calendar in order to sync with lightning where as the Goosync is used to sync Google calendar to my Palm Treo. Hope my issues is clear to you know, any further help for the same will be highly appreciated.

I am having the same issue with the following:
    • Client setup (on vista x64 sp1):
    • thunderbird 2.0.0.14
    • lighting 0.8
    • kerio mail server 6.5.0 patch1

I also wanted to share that I am having full permission, I have been using lightning in order to fill the agenda but then this reminder window keep popping up and I want to get rid of it.

You can count me in as well:
    • Windows XP Pro
    • Thunderbird Portable 2.0.0.14
    • Lightning 0.8
    • Provider for Google Calendar 0.4

I have been able to dismiss a no of event but then there is one event that I am not able to dismiss I don’t know why the "Dismiss" and "Dismiss All" buttons are not working for this event.

Hey guys I have just tried installing the lightning (0.9pre. build 2008071518) for the Thunderbird 2.0 but then now I am getting another error this time, in my case I am getting the error when the Thunderbird is launched below are the details of the error:
    Error number: 0xTypeError: Components.classes["@mozilla.org/calendar/calendar;1?type=" + type] has no properties
    Description: TypeError: Components.classes["@mozilla.org/calendar/calendar;1?type=" + type] has no properties

I am having the same problem, I mean that all the tasks and reminders are not working for now, I am trying to use WebDAV share and I am getting the below error message:
    Error: An error occurred when writing to the calendar Private Tasks! Error code: MODIFICATION_FAILED. Description:
    Source File: file:///%profile-dir%/extensions/%7Be2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103%7D/components/calItemModule.js -> file:///%profile-dir%/extensions/%7Be2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103%7D/js/calCalendarManager.js
    Line: 952
    Is there anyone who has an idea about this error and can help me about as well??