Thread: How can I install chrome in different drive than C

How can I install chrome in different drive than C

I have installed different software in C drive that’s why space in C drive became less. I just wanted to install chrome in another drive for example d drive. So can anyone tell me the way so that I can fix this problem?

Re: How can I install chrome in different drive than C

If you want to solve this problem, go to Microsoft website and download “Junction file” from this: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb896768.aspx . Junction is nothing but command line program and used to make a junction in windows. After downloading you will get .zip file.
    Extract it then you will see “Junction.exe”. Once you finished this just open console window and type cmd.exe. You will see black color window in that type junction.exe <name of the folder ><the location where you want install>.
    For example: "C:\Users\Bapa\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome" "D:\Data\temp\chrome" this will definitely help you to install in different location.

I have discovered the simple program from which you can easily install.
    1>Down load the Google Chrome, install it in default location.
    2> go to task manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL) and navigate to the process. Once you find the googleupdate.exe, end the process.
    3> Go to my computer and click Tools > folder option>view> click on show hidden files and folder.
    4> After that navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\(Username)\Local Settings \Application Data and cut and paste Google to the directory in which you want to go. For ex. C:\Program Files\Google
    5> Go to start, in run command please type regedit, press CTRL+f type chrome.exe and try to find out C:\Documents and Settings\(Username) \Local Settings\Application Data\...Chrome.exe and change it to the directory where you want move.

I have read above content, I can give another option so that you can install chrome into different drive.
    1. Got to Google chrome page and download the latest version of chrome.
    2. In the next page, under the page download the link that will says for advance set up, click on that link.
    3. In the nest page uncheck the box which says that Google chrome automatic install recommend update. If you will not do this downloading will finish.
    4. Save file in drive, where you want install. I don’t know whether it good for you or not. But let me tell
    5. You one thing it will easy to find out the location.
    6. Got to start and click on run and type cmd.exe.
    7. Go to your D: drive (wish you where you have downloaded the file).
    8. Run the Google chrome.exe file with the /a switch (type Googlechrome.exe /a .
    9. The installer will unpack your .exe and after that it will ask you where you want install, you can easily change the directory.

This is the best method for installing the Google chrome in different drive.