Thread: Google Chrome displays malware detected warning screen at the beginning

Google Chrome displays malware detected warning screen at the beginning

Whenever I start Google Chrome, it launches Google.com as homepage but when I type any other URL in the address bar it shows me a red screen with message saying, “Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer”. Below the warning it says that this website can download malware to your system and cause harm. I don’t think that every website will do it. Can anybody help me solving this problem?

Re: Google Chrome displays malware detected warning screen at the beginning

Google Chrome is equipped with a utility that detects malware and viruses. Once a website or webpage is detected of having malware or virus it blacklists the page and sends user warning messages if they try to visit the link. It also helps user avoid sharing personal information like credit card number to ensure safety and stop its misuse. This utility also helps user from accessing fake websites which might extract username and password combination.

You can disable this utility in Google chrome. In Google Chrome you will find a button with icon of a wrench. Click on it and it will give you a drop down list. In that list find options and enter it. It will open a new tab in your browser with multiple options. Here in ‘Under the Hood’ tab, find ‘Privacy’ section. In this ‘Privacy’ section, unmark the ‘Enable phishing and malware protection’ option. This will help stop the red page you are having problem with.

The utility that detects malware, viruses and possible phishing if disabled then your computer might be at risk of being attacked by security threats. With this setting you need to have a powerful anti-virus or anti-malware that will protect your computer in absence of Google Chrome’s protection. The red screen with warning message has two options,
    i. Back to safety: it redirects you to last page which was considered safe by Chrome.
    ii. Proceed anyway: You have to agree to take responsibility if any harm occurs to your computer and chrome lets you to proceed in blacklisted website.
    Using these options, you can keep on the Chrome’s protection utility and decide the pages you want to visit or not.