Thread: Google Chrome hangs and freezes on Windows 7

Google Chrome hangs and freezes on Windows 7

I recently installed Windows 7 64 bit on my laptop. I use Google Chrome as my default browser. But when I installed Google Chrome on my laptop, every time I start it my system hangs and freezes. Sometimes Google chrome starts well but when I open multiple tabs or enter a URL, it freezes. I tried uninstalling some plug-ins but still it won’t help. Can anybody help me solve the problem?

Re: Google Chrome hangs and freezes on Windows 7

If your Google Chrome hangs while working then you can see if cleaning Registry error helps to retain Google Chrome in normal working condition. Try updating Flash player as it is also essential in working of Google Chrome. Sometimes intrusion of malware causes in malfunction of Google Chrome. Scan your computer for malwares using antimalware software. Once when I encountered such problem, I found out that sound drivers too play role in proper functioning of Google Chrome, try updating sound drivers too.

If you have Internet Download Manager integrated with Google Chrome, try uninstalling it. Sometimes the IDM is not compatible with the version of Google Chrome. You can also try disintegrating IDM from Google Chrome. In IDM configuration, under the ‘general’ tab you will get an option “Use advanced browser integration”. Unmark it to disintegrate it from Google Chrome. This will require you to reboot your system.

The problem mentioned in question can also be caused due to conflicts between Google Chrome and some other software. These conflicting softwares are mostly that software which is downloaded by some WebPages without one’s knowledge. In the address bar of Google Chrome, type ‘about:conflicts’. This will generate a list of softwares that are suspicious, malware, conflicting with functionality of Google Chrome. Option will also be provided if you want to solve the conflict.

This problem also occurs if user profile of Google Chrome has expired or corrupted. To solve this problem, you can go in the Start Menu and then in Run. In Run, type the following, %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\ and click Ok. This works only for Windows Vista and Windows 7. In the open window, rename the ‘Default’ folder as ‘Backup’. Now move this ‘backup’ folder fro User Data folder to ‘Chrome’ folder.

I once encountered such problem. On researching for the solution I found that it is caused due to problem with protected files. In Start Menu click on Run and type ‘SFC.EXE /SCANNOW’. This executes a utility by Windows which scans and repairs problem related to protected files of computer. Restart the computer and see if Google Chrome works fine.