Thread: Cannot set Opera 11 as default browser

Cannot set Opera 11 as default browser

In my computer I have Opera 11 web browser and It has started giving me problems. I am not able to set Opera as default browser in my computer. I have selected "Check if Opera is default browser on startup" in opera but then also whenever I click on any link while chatting with friends at that time it opens with the Mozilla Firefox. I have windows XP operating system.

How to solve this problem?

Re: Cannot set Opera 11 as default browser

Well I would like to tell you that you should set opera as default browser from set program access and defaults feature. First open set program access and defaults window and then select opera as default browser and then see whether it makes any difference or not?

If you don’t know about how to set default browser from set program access and defaults feature then follow this steps.
    • Open control panel
    • Click on add and remove programs.
    • Now after that you have to select Set Program Access and Defaults option
    • Now select custom.
    • After that you have to select Opera as default browser.
    • After that you have to click on OK.

Now after doing that your problem will get solved.

Yes setting default browser from “Set Program Access and Defaults” option will help you to solve this problem. I was also having similar problem with Google Chrome browser and then I have set it default from “Set Program Access and Defaults” now aft doing that my problem get solved.

Well after referring your solution I have tried to set Opera As default from Set Program Access and Defaults in my computer but after doing that also I was experiencing same problem. I have also tried to solve this problem by updating Opera browser but problem does not get solved. Is there any other way to solve this problem then let me know? Any help will be appreciated.

I will suggest you to download “SetBrowser 1.4” utility from internet and then install in your computer. This utility will allow you to choose default browser which you want. Many times browser does not recognize default browser setting in our system due to multiple browser installed in computer and we can fix this problem by installing SetBrowser utiliy.

I hope this will be helpful for you.

Get BrowserTraySwitch utility from internet and then install in your computer. now after that you will be able to set default browser easily by just doing right click from system trey icon of BrowserTraySwitch utility. If you want any more help then let me know.