Thread: Opera started crashing due to Java installed

Opera started crashing due to Java installed

I am getting strange problem with the Opera. I have installed the java version 6. Now whenever I try to open or load any pages or website, the java and opera Crashes. I think that it has something to do with incompatibility issue between the opera and java because the Google chrome is working fine.

Currently the Opera Version: 11.61.1250.0.

Re: Opera started crashing due to Java installed

The reason could lie in the cache, which should always be deleted.

Tools -> Settings ... -> Advanced -> History ->

Check next to "Empty on exit"

In addition, click once on "Empty Now".

You can also play a little on the size of the RAM memory and disk cache.

The problem I had with OpenSuse 10.2 and now also with 10.3. In my case also the Opera does not work with Java. As soon as I open a browser check web url with Java and Opera crashes without comment. Opera Java is by default turned on.

Check whether there is the bug still exists because I do not use Opera.
    With Firefox and IE, this works without problems. Also, you could even clear the cache memory of the browser's cache.

Opera has released a maintenance update to version 11.60 of its browser (codenamed Tunny). It aims to address among other various causes of crash and close two security holes. One of these operators classified as high risk one, because it allows cross-site scripting attacks. Primarily Opera 11.61 improved but the stability. Yet the browser was able to crash, if the user has selected the option that stored passwords are to be protected by a master password. Problems were found with the star-menu that would not close anymore due to the opening folders.

I regret these problems, but as you can already read above and in several other topics in the forum and the bugtracker, it is primarily an Opera problem that (currently) cannot solve. There are more problems with Opera, which are also reported for many years as a bug and cannot be fixed by operators themselves anyway. It annoys us too.

I have also heard about this update and due to this update in opera, occasional crashes when opening or closing of tabs is now also a thing of the past. In addition, the extended download settings are now retained after a restart of the browser. Other improvements include the display and scripting, as well as the integrated mail client. A list of all changes can be found in the current changelog .

In parallel, they are still working on the successor, code-named Wahoo. The next major release will get hardware acceleration and theme support; can easily personalize the user with their browser.

I tried dozens of times to resolve the crash issue in Opera due to the Java installed but I couldn’t able to address it in any way. It seems that the problem is unfortunately there. In my case I think that the problem is because of my ad-blocker. It is really annoying that even after disabling plug-ins, add-ons and javascript, I could not able to stop it from the crash.