Thread: Error message while login to Blackboard in SeaMonkey

Error message while login to Blackboard in SeaMonkey

Hello I have SeaMonkey recently I have trouble in logging to Blackboard. I have started facing this issue recently but before that everything perfect. Last night when I tried to login to Blackboard I have got the error message saying that:” An error occurred in the authentication module: Empty ResultSet for session query." And after that again I tried to login Any subsequent attempts I get the error message:” Could not login. The username or password is incorrect.” Can anyone suggest on this issue and so that I can solve mine issue. Thanks in advance…

Re: Error message while login to Blackboard in SeaMonkey

Hello I have same issue with the FX 2.0.0.11 and when I try to login to blackboard I get the error message saying that:” Could not login. Valid Authentication credentials not provided.” This is same error message when i forget the password. I have tried with another computer and I am able to login without any issue.

I just want to know below things here. First are you using a bad Blackboard shortcut or favorite to login? Make sure your typing password properly and along with that make sure you have proper login ID. Because I have seen this error message when I type wrong password or ID. So I think you have issue with the password and ID. You could also try to reset the password and then try to login.

Your both error message indicate that your browser not accepting cookies and so therefore you’re not able to login. The default setting of the browser will allow you login and accept the cookies. To login your browser must recognize cookies from site where you try login and if in case browser won’t accept cookies then you’re not able to login. So therefore I would like to suggest you to make sure your setting are configured properly and I would suggest you make the all configuration to default and then let me know the issue.

Login failures can also be caused by installed internet security software and I think you might have installed internet security software and so therefore you’re getting this issue. So to solve this issue you should try to configure internet security software to allow Blackboard to login or try to disable the all internet security software on your browser and then let me know the issue.

Even I have face the same issue and I had issue with the Pop-up Blocking software and so therefore I am not able to login to site. So I think you also facing this issue due to the Pop-up Blocking software. So configure Pop-up Blocking software properly to allow cookies of Blackboard.

Browser Helper Objects (BHOs) is an main issue to login, to disable the Browser Helper Objects and so that you can login to Blackboard without any issue. so it's very important to turn this off:
    Got o the advanced tab on browser through options --- tools menu and Browsing (near top): Uncheck "Enable third party browser extensions." Restart the browser after clicking OK.