Thread: Tab displacement between windows discontinued on Opera 11.52

Tab displacement between windows discontinued on Opera 11.52

Opera version 11:51 since I have the problem that I simply cannot move tabs between windows without having to be in the new window automatically drawn into a group. I reported this (bug), but 11:52 is not done in this respect. Since I do not generally use the grouping, I think it's very annoying that they abolish a feature like that. Does anyone know a way how to avoid the forced grouping? I've already tried the search but found nothing, only because that case has already been discussed.

Re: Tab displacement between windows discontinued on Opera 11.52

I like to use Opera and I'll probably not want to get used to a different browser. I often have multiple tabs in the top bar next to each other, between which I quickly switch and often. Previously that was just always so that you have clicked on the current tab to minimize it. Are there any shortcuts to minimize the active tab, or even better, to move to the next tab to the left or right?

The tab switching about the keyboard is very comfortable to use, I use constantly.

Tools > preferences > advanced > shortcuts > keyboard setup > opera > edit >. tools> preferences> advanced> shortcuts> keyboard setup> opera> edit> the top of the search field enter the time 'switch', then you should see which keys have been assigned for it. You can also change the course directly, personally I have it on the F1 (back) and F2 (of next tab) down keys, and then the hand is always good on the keyboard. But then you have to disable even the help, so just type in the search field F1 times and remove the entry right.

1. To change the order of the tabs, click on the tab and drag it to a different position at the top of the browser window.
    2. To move a tab to a new window, click and drag outside the address bar. A thumbnail of the tab you're moving. Similarly, to move a tab to another window, click and drag from its original window to the top of the target window. The tab is placed in the new window automatically.
    3. If you do not want to move a specific tab, you can fix it on the left side of the browser window. Click the right mouse button on the tab and select Set tab. You will know if a tab is set if its size is smaller and it only appears in the site icon.

So I find the default set up Ctrl + Tab (or Ctrl-Shift-Tab) catchy, if only because the (equivalent multi-window applications such as [older] MS Office) is more of the usual Windows shortcut for MDI applications.

Let me tell you if you are using windows panel. You can easily drag and drop the tabs in window panel to another windows, it is almost same as you arrange the bookmark order. If the other window is open for you to drag the tab, then it is not necessary that you need to see the other window on the screen. I do always work at 1280x1024 resolution, so it is not suitable for me to drag tabs between windows. So I just drag the tab on the windows taskbar to open a new window. But if you need to manage the windows and tabs then windows panel is the best option for you. And for that only Windows panel was designed for. But yes basically that settings is off that’s the reason you are not able to do it.

You can check this thread you will find all the details regarding the tabs in Opera. Tips to configure tab in Opera