Thread: Google Trends vs. Google Insights

Google Trends vs. Google Insights

I had gone for an interview in a company and there Interviewer asked me what is the different between Google Trends vs. Google Insights. And I was totally black on this topic as I did not know anything about this. And know I would like to know what the difference is as I would like to know about the same.

Re: Google Trends vs. Google Insights

Google Insights for Search can compare trends by combining and filtering criteria geographical, thematic and chronological. These are the filtering capabilities that represent the main contribution of this Google Trends more "Pro". While Google Trends provides data based on a single word (or phrase), a single geographic area (country, region) or one year (or month) at a time, Google Insights is however able to analyze the volumes of research in more than one word, several countries or a customizable period. The data are cross-refined and the results are gaining advantage in clarity and realism.

During the summer of 2008, Google put online a new analysis service queries. Is cohabitation between starts since Google Trends and this new service it is not obvious at first glance, to distinguish the differences. Some research on the net enough to learn that the code name for what has since become “Google Insights for Search "was very revealing" TrendsPro ". Therefore, one can easily imagine that Google Insight for Search is better than Google Trends, and the latter will ultimately intended to be replaced.

Google Insights features exclusive:
    • Future prospects (for some searches)
    • Allows comparison between different time intervals
    • It also compares between different locations
    • Map search
    • Category filter
    • The graphs and tables generated can be inserted by clicking through embed
    • Filter search type (web, images, news, etc)
    • Searches related more frequent and more related searches increase
    • Top searches in Google, whether global or local level

Google Insights was developed in 2008 (well after Google Trends) and a little research, you realize that the newcomer “Google Insights for Search "is none other than" Google Trends Pro "! Google Insights is in other words a much more efficient, which presents more interesting features than Google Trends. Google Insights gives you the ability to filter, passing or compare information and trends for periods customizable. The data obtained are much more refined and leisure opportunities to increase tenfold results.