Thread: Showing grey image instead of the Google TV in full screen and not getting image while setting up my TV source in New Logitech Revue

Showing grey image instead of the Google TV in full screen and not getting image while setting up my TV source in New Logitech Revue

I just recently bought this New Logitech Revue and I myself setting it in my house but I have some issue that I need help for those are as follows

1. While I am connected to the HDMI 1 on TV I can see Google TV however if I changed it to the HDMI 2 or other or I turn the TV off and on again the same HDMI 1 shows the grey image instead of the Google TV. I have done everything but nothing help. I have Samsung TV

And other is

2. I live in Portugal and i have the the fiber optics TV service provider, Meo and that i connected to t HD DVR Meo box via HDMI to the Logitech input and not in the TV . now the problem is that i am not getting the the picture while setting up my TV source. In fact I am unable to use search features and few other features may be because I am in Portugal but it should at least show the picture

Can anyone here help me on this I would be really appreciating this

Re: Showing grey image instead of the Google TV in full screen and not getting image while setting up my TV source in New Logitech Revue

Hey can you tell me which type of HDMI cable you are using . I was once had the same issue on mine older 1.3 HDMI cables . I just changed the out cables with the higher quality HDMI 1.4 and that help me to solve some problem connecting among the device . just hit the home button see if that helps

Re: Showing grey image instead of the Google TV in full screen and not getting image while setting up my TV source in New Logitech Revue

The HDMI cable that I am using was came with my brand new Logitech Revue so I guess that HDMI cable will not be issue but I will to check the cable between the hd box to the logitech. And hitting the home button don’t solve the problem . is there any other reason that you guys here feels might be the cause of the problem can you please tell me how to solve this .

I think it is because of the indicative of the loss in the High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) handshake. The HDCP has the protocol that prevent unauthorized devices to get the access digital content running over HDMI . so the HDCP handshake will not be there from the source device to the TV then you will be getting the disrupt the signal . you can ssolve this issue by re-initiating the handshake by replugging the HDMI cable otherwise resetting by hitting the [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[Del]. If possible use another cable . if this wont work then see if you can make it work on the another TV to make out if the issue with the Revue or the TV. Both issue is because of HDCP compatibility problems

Hey man thanks for the reply that trick rally worked I changed the HDMI cable and reset the Logitech Revue .and within few minutes it started to work so the 2 problem sloved but I still have the 1 issue and that I am not able to solve. Done everything but no successes

I had the same problem and while I have the revue connected on the HDMI 1 port the revue will not get TV from the box however on the HDMI 2 it works. I don’t know How can the picture get to the revue while it's the cable among the review and the TV that has changed but , this will get it to work for now..

Look like you have problem with the TV. however to answer your query, HDCP will instruct the source device to disrupt the HDMI signal output if the HDCP connection isn't found across every devices within the HDMI chain.

I guess it is the HD DVR box I connected my laptop through HDMI to the revue plus the revue to the TV and works each time.. Even change channels as well as power the TV off/on.. it become grey however in about 2 seconds go back to the to the revue menu i don't make out if i will can modify the HD DRV box..