Thread: cannot update status, check notifications or chat on facebook using Google chrome.

cannot update status, check notifications or chat on facebook using Google chrome.

Hi, friends I have Google chrome in computer it was working fine but since last week Google chrome won’t work with facebook, I can open my facebook account but I cannot update my status, check notifications and chat, if I click on any button it does nothing, I use Google chrome as my default browser but because of this issue I have start using Mozilla Firefox, so guys please help me with some solution. Thanks.

Re: cannot update status, check notifications or chat on facebook using Google chrome.

I have been using Google chrome from many years but I never heard of faced any issue like this, but still I think you should clear the cache to do this open your Chrome then go to option then select clear browsing data.

Re: cannot update status, check notifications or chat on facebook using Google chrome.

I am relieved to hear someone else is also having exact problem that I have, clearing cache works sometimes but we should do it every day, it is short term solution and I want some long term solution so that I can use facebook any time without deleting cache first. When I open facebook and click on any button of facebook the only image appears not a button. I can use Firefox as you mention but it is very much slow, also in Firefox all the add-ins disabled. I don’t know with whom the problem is whether it is facebook or Google chrome but someone has to solve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elazar View Post
    I have been using Google chrome from many years but I never heard of faced any issue like this, but still I think you should clear the cache to do this open your Chrome then go to option then select clear browsing data.
    I know how to delete cache I don’t want to do it every day, I think there is something wrong in my Google chrome I don’t may be it some setting or there is problem with Chrome itself because I also have problem with my Gmail and yahoo account, the mails in my both account don’t stay unread or it is getting delete automatically.

Had same problem with my Google chrome but it got solved by doing following these steps: try to access your facebook account using incognito mode, you can find this incognito mode in wrench menu option then select new Incognito window now access your facebook on this opened window, if this works than you have extension enable and can you disable your extensions one at a time, if still your problem is same then check whether that your problem is same with other browser also, if not then download new version of chrome and install it