Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: in Google chrome Googleupdate.exe maxing CPU usage on one of the cores?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    81

    in Google chrome Googleupdate.exe maxing CPU usage on one of the cores?

    In my system I have Google Chrome version 17.0.963.46 beta and I am using windows 7 OS, I have Intel Pentium processor G860 dual processor. In my PC Googleupdate.exe file which is in appdata folder is maxing CPU usage on one of the cores, it uses up to 50% of processor. So it made my system slow so I delete the entire contents of the folder which contains the Googleupdate.exe and I uninstall Google chrome then reboot and again install Chrome beta which again had update folder in appdata folder, so the problem continued again, so guys please suggest ne with some good solution.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    453

    Re: in Google chrome Googleupdate.exe maxing CPU usage on one of the cores?

    Even I had notice the same thing with my chrome yesterday it the GoogleUpdate.exe file was taking maximum amount of process it maxed out my one of my 4 cores, Msiexec.exe process max second core. So I killed the msiexec.exe process and it freed my second core, if GoogleUpdate.exe is kept running than it gain creates Msiexec.exe process within few seconds, so I kill both GoogleUpdate.exe and Msiexec.exe process and my PC runs fine until I restart my PC.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    475

    Re: in Google chrome Googleupdate.exe maxing CPU usage on one of the cores?

    Even my one of processor was maxed by GoogleUpdate.exe file, it freezes my computer every time so I had to kill both the file every time when I start my PC, This problem GoogleUpdate.exe file was occur due to it was the beta version so I download full version of Google chrome and now I don’t have any problem here is the link for it to download full version of Google chrome.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    625

    Re: in Google chrome Googleupdate.exe maxing CPU usage on one of the cores?

    This problem of GoogleUpdate.exe file is because of Google update or Google toolbar or ATI MCE transcode, this GoogleUpdate.exe file is located in "C:\Documents and Settings”. The file size of this file is unknown. You can uninstall the program in Control Panel then go to Add or Remove programs after that remove Google Toolbar for Internet or ATI MCE Transcode.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    393

    Re: in Google chrome Googleupdate.exe maxing CPU usage on one of the cores?

    Google Update.exe is starting with OS boot up. And I think that it is very much horrible. When I start my PC it disappears after few 5 minutes when I check the task manager, but it is sure that is take huge amount of memory of. If it is not operational then I haven’t installed any of file like this I think that it has some file that makes data transfer from personal PC to unknown location. Every time the information transfer started it goes to different IP.

Similar Threads

  1. High CPU Usage when using Google chrome in Windows
    By UnLucky Ali in forum Technology & Internet
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-05-2012, 11:25 AM
  2. LogMeIn Rescue is maxing out CPU usage (100%) on Windows 2003 computers
    By Pette D Champ in forum Networking & Security
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15-03-2012, 03:41 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 28-02-2012, 08:16 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-01-2011, 05:13 PM
  5. How to look for memory usage in google chrome
    By Santiaago in forum Technology & Internet
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 11:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •