Thread: How to use native Nokia VoIP client

How to use native Nokia VoIP client

I have brought a new Nokia E63 and I am very thrilled to discover it has a built-in VoIP client. Because my provider allow VoIP and it would function on WiFi as well. I would wish to configure this. I am having accounts on les.net as well as voip.ms, and having an ATA at home as well as a client lying on my iPhone configured to function with both. My problem is that I am not able to obtain the native Nokia client working by means of whichever provider. So I would like to ask that is there is anyone who got the client working with any of the providers and with any provider. Thank you so much.

Re: How to use native Nokia VoIP client

If you want to make use of native Nokia VoIP client then you will have to download the Nokia "settings app" and this will make tour SIP working back again. To download that, just click here and this will start to download it. Save that to your computer and install the PC suit for your phone on the computer and connect the phone in PC suit mode with the help of data cable mode. Browse the installed file with the help of the PC suit and install that to your phone. You will need the 3.0x for your E63. I am not able to understand that why they do not include this particular app for phone similarly they did it with the N95 and earlier ones.

You can try to the settings below and see if that is able to solve the problem for you or not.
    1. First of all, you will have to go to the Menu > Tools > Settings > Connection > Access Points.
    2. Here you will have to choose the option > New access point and from there select Use default settings.
    3. Type familiar name intended for the new WLAN access point.
    4. Choose WLAN as the Data bearer.
    5. Within WLAN NETW.NAME - choose your Wireless router through choosing Search intended for network.
    6. Select the Network status applicable to your router.
    7. Select the Network mode applicable to your router.
    8. Select the Security mode applicable to your router.
    9. Choose Security settings if needed and put in the suitable settings applicable to your router.

If you require verification for your Wireless LAN router settings then you will have to make a contact with your router manufacturer. To configure your Web browser to make use of your fresh WLAN access point, continue as follows:
    1. Go to the Web browser going on your Nokia phone.
    2. After this is opened then stop any running web page by pressing the right soft key.
    3. Choose Options > Settings > Access Point and select “Always ask”. Please confirm that if you are making an access point intended for a hidden network then the Web browser access point have to be put to the exact WLAN access point.
    4. You are now capable to choose the Access point necessary all time the Web browser starts. This will permit you to choose to make use of your fresh WLAN access point if you are within range for the WLAN otherwise select a dissimilar access point if you are not.

Normally you need to set the following in the Nokia SIP client.
    • username
    • password
    • public username
    • proxy server
    • registrar server
    • Transport type (automatic or UDP)

Also, once you make the settings within the settings > connection > sip. You be required to go to "net settings" establish within the control panel and after that "create voip service" and choose the SIP profile you just produced. Then it will permit you to "enable VOIP" on home screen subsequent to clicking WLAN scan. You can as well activate it from going to the contacts as well as "tabbing" over. Subsequent to it is activated just choose the number, press options, call, internet call.

ChyrillStucker Guest

Thank you all for the valuable contribution. I bought Nokia E63 a week back and was facing the same issue. I thought it was the issue from my VOIP service provider end. I kept on calling therealpbx before they gave me this link. I tried these settings and it is working fine now.

Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge.