Thread: Firefox 10 vs Chromium in Ubuntu

Firefox 10 vs Chromium in Ubuntu

Right now I am using the Firefox 10 and Chromium on Ubuntu 11.10. It seems to me that whenever I run Firefox my CPU is running fast as well as the Fan. If i run the Chromium, the browser seems much faster and works great as compared to Firefox. I think that Firefox 10 improvements still not enough to compete with Chromium.

re: Firefox 10 vs Chromium in Ubuntu

FireFox has been placed very well in the market; it is a browser that gives us all the features of Internet Explorer, but unlike this, FireFox has a number of add-ons, which can add features to our favorite browser.

Google collects the most information about the way the Google search regularly if you are probably using the Firefox. I personally put chromium because it is for me as a web developer currently the best browser. Firefox is installed with AddOns unfortunately still a crutch. I do not get disturb in the performance with Chromium extensions installed.

Which browser should you ultimately choose depends on which items you consider most important. But if your whole day spent on the web, Firefox and Chrome earning preferable to IE9. They offer more expansion and better support for HTML5. In our comparison both Firefox and Google took five victories. A clear winner is not. Want more options to manage and sync tabs, Firefox is your browser. Want a simple and fast browser, Chrome is the best option.

The highest quality of Firefox is the ability to customize (fully or almost) and to add thousands of features with add-ons. Plug-ins like Firebug are essential for development. Quick question, it is not bad but it is too greedy and sometimes too slow (especially compared to Google Chrome), the start of Firefox is very slow and also the display of pages is small.

The highest qualities of Chrome are its speed and lightness. It was already very fast, but with the advent of the new version is a real boom!

Firefox has finally released its latest browser version. Mozilla has a lot on Google copied to believe that this is the same team. However Mozilla has made much effort on the ergonomics of its browser while remaining simple in outline view. What is especially interesting with Firefox is that it has a multitude of plug-ins that can add him and makes it simply efficient and powerful. Google also allows making a good navigation, simple, user-friendly and has an unparalleled speed of execution. But Mozilla still shows more flexible with these add-ons. However it turns out that Mozilla Firefox crashes more often than Google Chrome with its Bug Reporter is obsolete.

The first thing you notice when using a browser, is the so-called cold start of the program. This is really a lot faster with Chromium! After less than 4 seconds on my system is ready to chromium, while Firefox takes several seconds longer. That's probably because that Firefox still a lot "heavier" than chromium because this is also crammed with plugins.

I use my Chromium already on the desktop, but it is a bit disturbing with the extensions, yes. The plug-ins I find really super practical.

What I dislike most on the Firefox is start time. If I install extensions in Firefox that I need such as daily, it takes even longer.

Chromium for me it is already mature enough, no crashes, pretty fast, pretty minimal.

I had the use of chromium in very pleasant, which was mainly because the tabs are on top, i.e. above the address bar. This is, as has been often mentioned in the blog, plenty of space for the website. Also, the missing menu bar and status bar saves space in the window is left of the website. The latter appears only when you are in with the mouse over a link.

The battle will certainly continue for a while, but many people continue to use Chrome gradually in parallel or in place of Firefox. So I think from my visits coming from Chrome increase (proportionally faster) than that of Firefox, which also increase, but more slowly. Each of these browsers to major advantages over the other, which would not be incompatible.