Thread: Firefox 10 flickers while opening in Windows 7

Firefox 10 flickers while opening in Windows 7

The Firefox 10 released and I got it installed on Windows 7 computer. I thought that it is a bug-free browser but I was wrong. When the first time I launched this browser I have noticed that it still flickers before it opens. I had the noticed the same problem in previous version. Now also it still flickers two or three times. The problem is only with Windows 7 but not noticed in Windows XP. It usually happens when I open Firefox from the Taskbar.

Re: Firefox 10 flickers while opening in Windows 7

Today I have installed the same version of Firefox and it flickers not only when opened but in other situations also. It also happened when dynamic content updates going on. It happens too with the Download manager screen. It didn’t occur in safe mode. Right now I am using a Windows 7 x64 PC with NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GTX installed. I never noticed flickers while playing games. So I guarantee that it is not the GPU fault.

If the graphics card seem to be OK, then it could be due to flickering screen / monitor to make the soon departure. Possibly even wiggle the cable and connector. I have heard that the latest versions of IE, Firefox have hardware acceleration. With the appropriate driver / graphics card combination there could be problems. So if you've done updates, then simply turn off hardware acceleration times.

First we start with all plug-ins and extensions off : Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions tab. There only enable the Java Console and Java Quick Starter (if you have one) and turn of the rest off. In the Plug-ins tab turn off Quick Time plug-in, the Shockwave plug-in but do no turn off the Flash. Then restart Firefox and see if it better. If yes, then you can 1-for-1 which extensions back on, restart Firefox and test again, until you have the extension (s) and plug-in (s) have been found responsible for your problem.

Furthermore, you can see if disabling toolbars bit helps.

That flickering I've never had, but that the image moves. A kind of dancing, twitching and shaking. Then you see that the toolbar and move down when i page up, but then again repeated. It has an unknown cause. Firefox seems to have hard time somewhere. Sometimes it is self-limiting. If disabling extensions and plug-ins doesn’t work then you might consider renewing your profile.

The problem is with me when I do the full screen the browser flickers. I'm not doing it again. In normal mode it is sometimes completely black and in Safe Mode the same problem with the add-ons disabled. I have already tried everything but no help at all.

For me it is mainly the chat frame. This is because the server obviously needs some time to execute the query and the browser also takes time to load a page. This process you perceive as a short time white window. This is extremely more common in the dark style. The problem could be solved by arming the server or change the browser.

Firefox also flickers at me. I've resorted to me, to change the default background color of a tab, which goes as follows:
    • "About: config" into the address bar, then
    • Go to "browser.display.background_color" and enter "Edit" to the desired value.
    • In my case, "# 000000", was that black.