Thread: Kaspersky Encrypted connection monitor is not compatible with Google Chrome

Kaspersky Encrypted connection monitor is not compatible with Google Chrome

I hope that you know about the Kaspersky network monitor. This component is used to scan the network connections, either encrypted or not. Well, there seems to be problem with Google Chrome. I don’t think that if Kaspersky and Google Chrome are fully compatible with each other. Does anyone know when they are going to resolve their differences?

Re: Kaspersky Encrypted connection monitor is not compatible with Google Chrome

The connection via SSL / TLS protects data exchange channel via the Internet. The SSL / TLS is able to identify the parties exchanging data using electronic certificates, encrypt data and ensure their integrity during the transfer. These features of the protocol are used by hackers to spread malicious programs, since almost all anti-virus scan SSL traffic / TLS. Kaspersky Internet Security scans encrypted connections using a certificate of Kaspersky Lab

It seems to me that there is a bug in Kaspersky which is preventing you from logging into secure websites using the Google Chrome. Anyway, Have you tried any other browser? I don’t think that there is a permanent fix this now but you can go for a workaround. You need to disable the Kaspersky Certificate within Chrome. To do this:
    • Open Chrome>toolbar> Settings> >"Options">Click "Under the Hood" >Click the "Manage Certificates" button.
    • There you need to choose Kaspersky certificate from list and click Remove.
    • Restart the Chrome after removing this certificate.
    • Now you are on the Go. If you still getting problem, then don’t forget to clear browser’s cache and try again.

You already knew that what Kaspersky certificate is about. In case of detection of an invalid certificate when connecting to the server, for example, if the certificate is replaced by an attacker, you will see a notification that suggests to accept or reject the certificate. If you are sure that the connection to a Web site is secure despite the use of an invalid certificate, you can add the Web site to ' list of trusted URLs. The encrypted connection with the Web site will not be examined by Kaspersky Internet Security.

I have been getting the same issue in google Chrome when I try to open any bank site or any other secured site. So I have contacted Technical Support and they told me this:
    • Open Kaspersky and go to Settings
    • Advanced Settings tab>Network
    • Beneath the Monitor selected ports, click Select
    • There you have to Uncheck the box by HTTPS port 443

You can use the Certificate Installation Wizard to install a certificate to scan encrypted connections in semi-interactive mode in Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, and obtain instructions for installing the certificate Kaspersky Lab Work.