Thread: Mozilla Firefox 10 crashes and freezes computer completely

Mozilla Firefox 10 crashes and freezes computer completely

I was using Mozilla Firefox 9 browser in my computer and recently I have upgrade browser from 9 to 10. Now after upgrading the Mozilla Firefox in my computer it has started giving me a problem. Now whenever I load any website with flash at that time Mozilla Firefox crashes. What should I do to solve this problem?

Any help will be appreciated.

re: Mozilla Firefox 10 crashes and freezes computer completely

You have mentioned that you are facing this problem while loading any web site with flash content and that is why I would like to tell you that you should open any other browser in your computer and then you have to try to load any websites with flash content and then you have to check whether you are getting this problem or not? If you are facing same problem with different browser also then it means problem is with flash player otherwise problem is with Mozilla Firefox.

Well I will suggest you to try to solve this problem by disabling the hardware acceleration option from flash and after disabling that you have to check whether you are facing while loading websites with flash contents or not. Many times by trying this solution problem get solved.

You can also solve this problem by updating flash player in your computer. To download latest version of flash player to have to visit official site of the flash and then you have to download flash player installation file and then install flash player. Now after that check whether your problem gets solved or not?

What happen when you start Mozilla Firefox in safe mode? If you have not tried to use Mozilla Firefox in safe mode then you have to first go to the start menu and then select all programs. Now after that you have to select Mozilla Firefox option and then you have to select safe mode option. If you don’t get any problem while running Mozilla Firefox in safe mode then it means any of add-on is causing this problem.

I have read your solution and first I tried to solve this problem by updating the flash player in my computer but after updating flash player in my computer also I get same problem. I have also tried to solve this problem by disabling hardware acceleration from flash but problem does not get solved after that also. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

You can try to solve this problem by creating new profile for Mozilla Firefox browser. Now after creating the new profile you have to start Firefox and then you have to check whether it makes any difference or not. I am suggesting you this solution because many times if profile data gets corrupted at that time also this type problem takes place.

To create new profile for Mozilla Firefox you have to follow these steps.

• First open start menu and then type firefox.exe –p
    • After that press enter and then profile manager will open
    • Now click on create new profile.
    • After that you have to give name
    • Now click on next.
    • Select new profile
    • Click on start Firefox and then check what the result is