Thread: Mic does not work in Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 using Skype

Mic does not work in Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 using Skype

While using the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 what I have noticed is that when using the Mic no sound comes from the mic and seems muted. But when checked it shows me the mic is fully functional and is working fine. So for this issue what can be reason why it showing me muted even though the mic is working properly. I doubt is there any issue with the skype as I have been using the latest application which I got it downloaded from the android market.

Re: Mic does not work in Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 using Skype

I don’t think so there should be any problem with the skype as using the galaxy tab 7.1 with the mic it is working fine without any issue. So I think it should also work in your galaxy tab 10.1.

For this I would like to ask you that have you checked the mic is working on the other device or not. Because many times when we insert it shows the mic is working properly but when attached on other device it does not work. So if you have not tried checking the MIc on the other device then do so, as you will get the idea whether the MIc is working fine or not.

I have checked with the mic and is working properly on other device, so for this is there any other solution so that I can get the sound working in the mic.

Actually I had the same issue of the Mic not functioning well on the Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1 while using the skype. So for this after searching all over for the reason of not working I finally got to know the why the Mic was not providing sound and it was due to the Mic not compatible with the galaxy tab 10.1.

So after knowing about this I want to check the Mic which you are using is compatible with the Samsung tab or not. And if possible try to use the Mic which came with the Samsung Tab.